Buschur Mini Battery - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Buschur Mini Battery

Ok...that thing is really small. They say it provides even more cranking power...really? Damn...and also I may eventually upgrade my stereo system a little or ask for more out of the charging system...is this battery going to be able to keep up...what if I left the lights on for an hour, a normal battery would be ok and start right back up...will this one...can it hold that much charge or would that deplete it pretty quick. Also, what about listening to a "complete" stereo system with the car off...the battery wont die after an hour, will it?

Would you require an extra battery if you were to have more electronics?

thanx...just trying to get more info...maybe I should ask dave too...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The mini battery is a kick ass piece, but I wouldn't use it for a big thumpin' system. It has the cold cranking amps to start up my car on cold days without any problem, but as you pointed out the reserve capacity can't be that large.... so leaving the dome light on all night is a defenite no no

You may be better off relocating the battery to the trunk in your situation.

Keith
Old 03-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Weight compared to stock weight? URL?

Old 03-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by Claudius
Weight compared to stock weight? URL?
http://www.buschurracing.com/cgi-bin....cgi?18X376545

You can see it about half way down the page.

20 lbs less than the stock battery, and 1/3 the size.

Keith
Old 03-09-2004, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

hmm, ya I don't necessarily want a system, but I may opt for the stock infinity 7 speaker system in the 04's if it isn't much more also I already have Infinity Kappa 6x9's and 6 1/2's and a Sony Xplod 12" with Sony 800w amp...but I may keep the stock stuff in or may just upgrade the speakers and the sub and add an Amp to it...if the stock sub is a 10" and the depth is somewhat deep or could be increased at all, there are some pretty kick ass 10's out there that I would be happy with JL W7 aaahhmmm...but I'd need a big amp also and ya, I'd feel real bad for that little battery.

First I need to get the car, then I can look at it and see how I'm gonna do it...

errr first I gotta get my car off the damn jackstands and get the T25 to put on it...errr
Old 03-10-2004, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 12secEVO
hmm, ya I don't necessarily want a system, but I may opt for the stock infinity 7 speaker system in the 04's if it isn't much more also I already have Infinity Kappa 6x9's and 6 1/2's and a Sony Xplod 12" with Sony 800w amp...but I may keep the stock stuff in or may just upgrade the speakers and the sub and add an Amp to it...if the stock sub is a 10" and the depth is somewhat deep or could be increased at all, there are some pretty kick ass 10's out there that I would be happy with JL W7 aaahhmmm...but I'd need a big amp also and ya, I'd feel real bad for that little battery.

First I need to get the car, then I can look at it and see how I'm gonna do it...

errr first I gotta get my car off the damn jackstands and get the T25 to put on it...errr
Hell, I feel bad for the battery in ANY car with a system.... that is what capacitors are for

Keith
Old 12-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to EVOBR350
On this issue, I already have a Buschur Mini Battery and am looking into maybe putting one sub and amp in the trunk. If I added a cap to it do you think this lil battery can handle it or just stick with the standard speakers? Thanks guys....
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just think its a bad idea regardless to have a sub or amps no matter the size or the power they put out, I guess I can say this not having a radio and all. I agree with Keith about the mini-battery being kick ass though.

Jared
Old 12-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to EVOBR350
KK thanks for the insight... it seems kick @$$ but not enough juice to power extra subs and amps. Ohh well extra weight anyway...
Old 12-07-2006, 04:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
FJF

Audio-wise, the battery comes into play (no pun intended) when the car isn't running. Otherwise, it's the alternator that provides the juice for the system.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just a note on the mini battery, I was kinda worried here lately as it's been in the single digits temp wise in my neck of the woods, but my car has started everyday on the first turn. Most of my carwise friends thought it would die the first time it got colder than 32 F with the mini battery but it holds up pretty good to cold temps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement