in car cam - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

in car cam

anybody know a good place to get a good in car video setup to. like a helmet cam setup?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Try wirelessvideocameras.com.

My boss was recently looking for a wireless portable set-up he could use for his large indoor/outdoor parties he holds a couple of times a year, so he had me do some research for him.

We ended up ordering from these guys after calling them up and discussing our needs with them. I don't know how their prices compare to others out there, but they had fantastic customer service, and really worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we needed. The product came in on time, and everything worked as promised.

The guy I spoke with the times I called was Monte (I believe that's how he spells his name), and at the time at least he was in charge of all the sales, and most, if not all, of the tech support. Great guy - give him a call to see if they can help you out.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

im looking for something kindof like this. i want to beable to mount a camera down on teh bumper, in the cabin looking over the drivers shoulder and then one looking at my feet.

i think it would be cool to watch and a good way to learn and see your mistakes.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Have you guys seen my racing vids? I always use in-car vids - sometimes on the rear deck and sometimes on my helmet.

I use two different mounts from ChaseCam.com - a c-clamp for the latch on the rear deck and suction cup mount that can be used on the outside of the car or inside on the windows. I also have a little kit I got off Ebay that has a bullet cam and a helmet mount for the bullet cam as well as an external microphone. It all hooks up to the red/white/blue A/V wires for my main video camera.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

would it be possible to run multiple bullet cams to a single video camera or would you have to use a digital recorder device? i like the style of your vids warr. personally i have never liked helmet cams but the others are great.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Have you guys seen my racing vids? I always use in-car vids - sometimes on the rear deck and sometimes on my helmet.

I use two different mounts from ChaseCam.com - a c-clamp for the latch on the rear deck and suction cup mount that can be used on the outside of the car or inside on the windows. I also have a little kit I got off Ebay that has a bullet cam and a helmet mount for the bullet cam as well as an external microphone. It all hooks up to the red/white/blue A/V wires for my main video camera.

Warrtalon,

Do you have some place where these are archived?

I've seen one or two that have been posted on the various forums, and I have your launch technique one saved on my HD, but I don't think I've seen more than a handful in total.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

youtube.com and search warrtalon
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
There are several on my youtube account, and I have lots of racing threads here in our roadcourse/autocross forum.

Boostinpsi, you definitely can run multiple cams at different angles and feed it into one source for later editing and concurrent viewing, but there are some extra devices needed to make that work. I haven't actually done that, but some of the guys I race with have awesome setups where one bullet cam points forward to show the car traversing the track, and the other cam points to the driver to see his steering/shifting/pedal inputs.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

thats what i want. is something where i can see the course and see my control movements.

thats the best way to learn especially if you have an instructor to tell you, brake later and harder here, dont lift hear, smoother on the steering wheel. dont shift there let it hit the limiter. shit like that.

chasecam.com has some stuff but it is pricey. maybe i will talk to them about a sponsorship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement