Chargespeed Bottom Line IX - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Chargespeed Bottom Line IX

I got the Chargespeed bottomline ordered for my evo and it should arrive in 3 weeks by boat freight.

Click on the link to view the bottom line
All Carbon fibre:
-Front lip
-Sides
-Rear

Extra's
-Eyelids
-Top vortex generator
-Bonnet
-Canards
-Bumper sheild (exhaust tip)
So now with the intake on the bonnet do i keep my stock filter box with my k&n drop in?
or do i go with another type.. Suggestions & Opinions would be appreciated.

http://www.chargespeed.com/english/b...t9a-9-1-e1.htm

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
How much was everything? and where did you order it from I like the bottemline kit and some of there other parts.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

I ordered it from a Shop in Dubai called 'Evolution auto couture'
In all it cost me roughly 2666$
Chargespeed has a site.
http://www.chargespeed.com

In order to get the prices individually you need to enter the site in japanese but first navigate the site in english. When you enter the parts section for the evo Ix scroll down and the parts will be listed, to the right a little box gives you an option to view the part itself.
Go to the same place in ### and the price will be in yen.
- A currency calculator and your set.
As far as ordering im not sure because the shop took care of that for me. Check out the site and you may find all the info u need.

G luck

Old 11-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtune
So now with the intake on the bonnet do i keep my stock filter box with my k&n drop in?
You colud do something kinda trick, but I can't say for sure how well it will work. Take the top of the box off and line the top edge with some pipe insulator. It's a hollow foam and it could seal the inlet on the hood to the top of the box/filter. You may have to play around with different sizes, make some angled cuts here and there, and find a way to hold the filter down. If you can get it to seal well...

Old 11-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

That sounds pretty neat. But how about slicing the top off the original cover and putting some fine mesh (screen) on it. The lower part will keep the drop in filter in place..

Seems like the original setup keeps the stock box pressurized sort of like a ram air effect.
Would my cutting the top off the stock cover jeapordize anything?

And one more thing under the filter on the stock setup there is a fine mesh there aswell, can i remove that to help the flow or is it there purely to protect the maf seonsors from debris?

cheers
Old 11-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
That sounds pretty neat. But how about slicing the top off the original cover and putting some fine mesh (screen) on it. The lower part will keep the drop in filter in place..
Oooo... I like that idea. Just the top and leave the outer seam for the four clamps and something to seal it to the hood. Maybe pick up a spare so you have a back up incase it doesn't work, but I can see why it wouldn't.

Quote:
Seems like the original setup keeps the stock box pressurized sort of like a ram air effect.
Would my cutting the top off the stock cover jeapordize anything?
As long as you can seal it to the vent on your hood I say go for it, and it shouldn't be any worse than an open filter.

Quote:
And one more thing under the filter on the stock setup there is a fine mesh there aswell, can i remove that to help the flow or is it there purely to protect the maf seonsors from debris?
The mesh your speaking of is the airflow sensor's honeycomb. It's not there for protection, but for calibration, and it creates small vortexs that the sensor can accurately count. The ECU inturn uses that count to determine how much air is entering the motor and how much fuel to inject. Do not remove these honeycombs. They are critical.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok i have another question

-What are the chances of these aftermarket body parts being ripped off @ high speeds even if it is put on correctly. Rivetted on? new holes drilled screws? (i dont want to dammage the original body ..holes and what not

-If i go and yank on my front bumper it moves a little so with all this so called extra downforce it doesent seem like my front bumper can handle it..anyone use extra support?

-And last but not least anyone here have an aftermarket carbon fibre bonnet? and how well does it replace the original? does it fit snug? is there a metal clip there already to latch on to the locking mechanism or do i take it off the original bonnet?

I know its alot to answer but i need an insight on adding additional styling to the car..

Cheers
Old 01-03-2007, 05:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

I got my parts and ive installed the bonnet and the eyelids .. so far it looks great....
ill keep tings posted as i install them...
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Only three colors of EVO look really good with unpainted CF parts. Red, white, or black ones.... yours is looking great!

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement