Clear bra? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Clear bra?

What's going on? I have been reading somethings on the clear bra lately, and i think it's a real good idea. Since i bought my 06 MR a month ago i already have a couple small rock chips on the front bumper and i really want to put the clear bra on. I know there is a how to article in the tech guide how to do your own clear bra, but it is not really something i want to do myself. So i was wondering if you guys could give me some more info on the clear bra and also if you know any places that may do the clear bra? Any info on the clear bra would be helpful. If any of you guys know someone around the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area or central New Jersey area that do the clear bra? Thanks for any info.
Will
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I had one put on after just 2 days so as to save the front end from the rock chips, since we have such crappy paint. It is a very good investment and has become the sort of thing that is a selling point upon resale. I 100% suggest NOT doing it yourself, and I recommend finding an extremely reputable and trustworthy shop, because it is a difficult job. It's like tint where anyone can do tint, but the quality of work varies greatly with price usually. Think of a clear bra installation in those terms but multiplied several times in importance. I had mine done at a high-end custom tint/bra/stereo place that does all the new cars from the local BMW, Lexus, and Ferrari dealerships. At any given time, you can see Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, and Maserati's sitting inside or outside the bay. I trusted this guy, but it was expensive.

I doubt you'll find many people here who know places in your exact areas, but you can look around for tint shops, since those are the places that usually do clear bras.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help warrtalon. I don't think there are any tint places down by me in Myrtle Beach, SC, that do the clear bras but i'll call around more. I do know a place down here that works with dealerships and they install sunroofs, leather seats, and other options on cars that people may want if we don't have it here at the dealership. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they do clear bras, hopefully they do. Later
Will
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement