Cusco 6 point roll cage - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cusco 6 point roll cage

I did a search, and did not come up with anything. So I though I would tell all my experiences with my Cusco 6 point roll cage.
I have a 05 MR, with the Cusco 6 point roll cage. It is designed for the Evo 7 right hand drive, but fits the 8. Over all it fits great, with a few exceptions.

1 Main hoop is a little to tall. I had to take all of the sound deadner out for a little more clearance. I wish they would have made it about a half inch shorter.
2 You can see in the picture, that it fits very nice to the dash. Rubs on the right side a little bit.
3 You will loose your jockey box.
4 You will loose your sun visors. So I tinted the upper part of my windshield.
5 You can still use the back seat. Just have to cut out the metal reinforcement in the two upper corners of the back seat.
6 It rigids up the body a lot.

Things I will be adding to my cage though.

1 I will be adding two door bars.
2 Cross bar behind the front seats. (also known as harness bar)
3 Cross bar on the rear upper section. (for safety of people riding in the back seat)
4 Bolt in cross bar over the package tray. (also know as a harness bar)

Please remember, that roll cages in steet cars are not safe. Unless you wear a helmet, or pad the cage as much as possible. Here is all the pictures I could find of my roll cage. It isn't padded in the pictures. But is is now.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Does it meet SCCA and NASA racing requirements? I'm going to need one when the MR becomes a dedicated race car.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am not sure yet. I have asked alot of people, and on other forums without an answer. I like how it fits so the backseat is usable. But, I can see where it would be questionable. That is the reason I am adding some more bars to it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

The cusco cage is not legal for any racing in the states. Any racing that requires a roll cage will not approve the cusco cage. HPDE events are fine as they dont require a cage. The only bolt in cage that i know of that if approved by nasa and scca is the autopower 6 point cage which is cheaper than the cusco. I am purchasing the 4 point autopower for time attack at HPDE events. Hope this helps
Old 10-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
I think what makes that cage not legal for racing is all the bends. From what I've read in the rules you need to use a minimal amount of bends for strength. Unfortunately, the cages that are legal tend to not leave as much room for the interior as the one above.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

the autopower 6 point is basically the same upfront but eliminates the options to have anyone in the back. Which is not safe anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement