electronic problems! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

electronic problems!

Hey, My power window control on my driver side stopped controlling other windows last night. I was wondering if anybody had a solution, a fuse blown or what? I can only put my window down but not the others. Pressing on the other window switches won't work either. My sunroof stopped working a month ago and now this?

Also, my alarm remote isn't working right. The button is annoying because now it doesn't work anymore or glow. I'd have to usually try it @ least once to work. But now its dead. any suggested sites 2 purchase or replace one? my alarms viper!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
Can you just replace the battery in the viper alarm remote? If not I'm sure they sell just a remote but it would need to be programed. First thing to do if you think it's a blown fuse is to check them and see.... If your windows aren't working take the driverside door panel off and check the ground in the window switch. This happened to me on my Eclipse and I bought a whole window reg and motor and it turns out the Ground for the passenger door was in the driverside switch and that was the problem. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
Can you just replace the battery in the viper alarm remote? If not I'm sure they sell just a remote but it would need to be programed. First thing to do if you think it's a blown fuse is to check them and see.... If your windows aren't working take the driverside door panel off and check the ground in the window switch. This happened to me on my Eclipse and I bought a whole window reg and motor and it turns out the Ground for the passenger door was in the driverside switch and that was the problem. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
I'll figure something out. Hate it when things go wrong.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

it can't be as bad as your thinkin, has your car ever been wrecked or has any of the electric ever been worked on? (ex. Custom stereo, Alarm, remote start?)
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

problems

Quote:
it can't be as bad as your thinkin, has your car ever been wrecked or has any of the electric ever been worked on? (ex. Custom stereo, Alarm, remote start?)
I have a aftermarket cd receiver and a turbo timer. But my power windows stopped working only last night and i installed my aftermarkets like a long time ago. Maybe because I was flying so fast on the highway that it interrupted the ground wire. ahah That is the only explanation I can think of last night.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

check your fuses first, and how did you install the TT? Did you hard wire it in or use a harness?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tt

Quote:
check your fuses first, and how did you install the TT? Did you hard wire it in or use a harness?
A experienced mechanic installed it for me. I used a harness.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

You didn't hit the window lock by accident maybe? If yours works but the others don't thats what mine does with the window lock engaged.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

lock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyjmysnk View Post
You didn't hit the window lock by accident maybe? If yours works but the others don't thats what mine does with the window lock engaged.
Where would that be located?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

on your driverside door it's the button on the stop of the window switch panel. I didn' even hink of that because that would have been the obvious answer and you should know where i is and what i does.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

eagle eye

Quote:
on your driverside door it's the button on the stop of the window switch panel. I didn' even hink of that because that would have been the obvious answer and you should know where i is and what i does.
oh ahaha i never noticed there was a window lock button on my driver side. haha i guess i accidentally pressed it on accident. my windows work now. Thanks bud! I was worried there for a second. To spend so much money on safety and maintenance before even upgrading anything to aftermarket. I've still got to find one rear rotor, get a alignment, change fluids and i'm missin one wheel stud on my front right wheel. All that has to be done before I can buy something for performance.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

WOW..........

Glad this is not costly.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

its the stupidest stuff that scares the hell out of you. my battery in my wrx kept dying over night and i couldnt figure out why it scared the hell out of me. then i realized there was this switch on top of the steering column that turned on your parking lights and kept them on o that kept killing my battery. :doh: glad you got it worked out man.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Your local dealer should have all that stuff in stock or could get it within a day, so Please don't wait until something bad happens to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement