? on gauge pillar! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
Question ? on gauge pillar!

Fellas,

I am looking at a 60mm 3 gauge pillar for my 06 evo 9 on Lancershop.com the direct link to the product is http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...cat=22&page=1# What I need to know is this.... It says 03-05 evo 8 and I need to know if the pillar on the evo 9 is the same? Also does anyone know of any other 60mm 3 gauge pillars that are already grey to match the interior and that have a tweeter cutout? I appreciate the help!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
No different on the IX, so no worries.

However, do some thinking before immediately going with the 3-pod A-pillar mount. You may want to do a center console 3-pod. 3 60mm pods up in your face blocking your view can get annoying, so just think about it.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Yeah thats not a bad point at all since I want to start doing some some auto x and drag

Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEB
Yeah thats not a bad point at all since I want to start doing some some auto x and drag
Be sure to talk to me when you start doing the drag and auto-x stuff, because I race religiously. If you get really courageous, you could start joining us at the road course, which is 100X better than drag and auto-x combined.

I'll try to get you a nice pic of a tripe-pod center console setup. It looks really nice...

Oh, and tell your STi friend he can find me at PMI on July 18th, 22nd, and 23rd if he wants to leave me in the dust like he claims he would do...

Old 06-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

What three gauges do you plan on running? I find them a little distracting on the a pillar
Old 06-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Be sure to talk to me when you start doing the drag and auto-x stuff, because I race religiously. If you get really courageous, you could start joining us at the road course, which is 100X better than drag and auto-x combined.

I'll try to get you a nice pic of a tripe-pod center console setup. It looks really nice...

Oh, and tell your STi friend he can find me at PMI on July 18th, 22nd, and 23rd if he wants to leave me in the dust like he claims he would do...
Yeah some pics would be good... I saw one at bandimere the other week but didnt get a close up. Also where did this STI friend come about? Feel free to take that to a pm to keep it off the thread.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhemel
What three gauges do you plan on running? I find them a little distracting on the a pillar
Not sure on which three... of course boost maybe air and fuel and I dont know what else yet. I am going with Defi 60mm.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure on which three... of course boost maybe air and fuel and I dont know what else yet. I am going with Defi 60mm.
John, unfortunately, this reminds me of your first thread where I had to set you straight on a few things. You don't even know what gauges you want, but you KNOW you want to get 3 gauges that are 60mm and made by Defi. Think about what you're saying. That means you just want them for looks. You don't know that Defi gauges aren't that accurate, that 60mm is freakin HUGE, and don't even know what you should be monitoring. My guess would be that whatever you do get for gauges, you then won't even really know what the readings mean. I want to make sure you don't just randomly spend $600 on stuff that isn't useful or that you don't know how to use.

I have a very fast Evo, and the only gauge I have is a boost gauge. I do have a built-in Mitsu oil temp gauge, which I use, but I haven't added anything else. I think you should be worried about more important things, then when you h ave done some mods and understand the Evo a lot better, then decide which gauges you NEED. Again, the Evo is not a toy - don't treat it like a Honda. Treat it like a race car.

That being said, gauges are still very valuable. My suggestion would be NOT to get an A/F gauge, because those are absolutely useless. However, your top 3 priorities should be boost > oil pressure > oil temp in that order. Other useful gauges are EGT and water temp. Again, though, you need to know what the readings mean and what to do when the readings get to a certain point.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
1. Boost; 30In.Hg. to 30 psi work fine for most
2. EGT
3. Oil pressure, water temp, oil temp, fuel pressure are a toss up.

Problems with most gauges can be traced back to the installation.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

If your going to run Defi's 60mm run the boot and the oil temp. If you put them on the a-pillar they are going to be to close. Defi's come with the pods that you can pretty much put anywere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement