Headlights - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Headlights

Hey all, I just failed maryland inspection in my 03 evo 8 due to my head lights being "blue lights" . Now I bought the car used and havent changed a thing on it but i noticed the xenon's had a blue tint but not bad just thought from them being so bright it gave that appearance. Most new cars at night have that glow/bright lights already, so I never thought twice about it! So where can i find a replacement bulb? I didnt know if they were special or I could just pick them up at walmart, pep boys ect?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well if they are a brand like Sylvania "cool blues" they would be ok, you could check the bulb and if thats the case they should be legal in all 50 states. If its something else then yes a set of bulbs from Pep Boys would be ok to get you inspected. Good Luck
Old 08-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
So I guess the original owner tried to outfit it with aftermarket HIDs or something? I thought the 03s came with HIDs, but I can't remember for sure. If they're stock, they should be fine, but if they're upgraded, then consider going back to stock?

Old 08-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
The 03's came with HIDs standard, Are they really blue, like someone may have put in 8k bulbs or something? You should post a pic of them for Us to see. They should not fail because hids are OEM on the 03's.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

they were'nt blue just had a hint of blue. i'd take pics but look at my new post in the hangout
Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The moron that inspected you better be failing every BMW that comes through also for havingb HID's stock....

There is nothing wrong or illegal about your lights. Get the guys supervisor to take a look at it and get his dumb @ss calibrated.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement