heater doesn't work... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

heater doesn't work...

okay
my heater doesn't work, and where i am at we have really cold nights in august so i am trying to get this thing taken care of as soon as possible...

anyway...my heater doesn't work, not only that, but when i put it on defrost for the front no air blows out of the vents in the front under the window it just blows out the regular vents like it normally does (i don't think its supposed to do that) it is just really cold air pretty much regardless of what the setting it on...i am just wondering if i can get any suggestions? i have checked the fuses and relays in the engine bay but didn't see anything...any more fuses hiding anywhere?
i got the car this way i just didn't know it didn't work until a ways afterwards, any input would help! thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It sounds like both of the linkages for the heating and cooling system are not working correctly.

Does your car have the performance gauge package (3 small gauges mounted under the AC controls)? Are those gauges above the AC controls instead of below them?

If yes to both of those questions, someone moved the gauges to a better location but while doing so messed up the linkages that control the heating/cooling system. Fairly easy to fix by taking off the control panel and seeing where the problem is.

Keith
Old 08-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

like these?

if so, no i don't have those

but one thing that i did notice
regardless of the position of the vent switch, the air ONLY came out of the four chest level vents, it does however recognize when it is on max ac because the ac comes on and the circulation light thing comes on, and when you put it on defrost the same circulation light comes on but air only blows out of those four main vents again...

when i take out the bottom cubby there is this blue wire that is just freelancing around...not sure what that goes to, i assume it goes to the aftermarket radio that came installed when i got the car...

i would like to take off the main plastic piece that covers the hvac controls, and radio but i am not sure how to do that, and don't wish to break it...

Old 08-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriseacrett
when i take out the bottom cubby there is this blue wire that is just freelancing around...not sure what that goes to, i assume it goes to the aftermarket radio that came installed when i got the car...
Sounds like who ever did the radio replacement F'ed up the linkages on the AC system.

Quote:
i would like to take off the main plastic piece that covers the hvac controls, and radio but i am not sure how to do that, and don't wish to break it...
Pull off all three knobs, and under the two big knobs for the AC system and you will see two screws that need to be removed, then gently pry up the cover at one of the corners with a flat tip screw driver wrapped in a shop rag to prevent making up the plastic and it should pop off. It has clips all around it but it should come off without a problem.

Keith
Old 08-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

alright, so i figured it out...

i took off the panel and removed the manual hvac setup and found that there were two cables (a blue one, and a white one) that were NOT hooked up to anything, well after looking around i found out where they went...that big white box butted up against the firewall in the center console...so anyway, it was simply that the cables were not hooked up, and now that they are everything works great! thanks

also i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a double din dash kit for less than $300.00...that seems kind of a lot considering it is simply two plastic pieces...
Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
alright, so i figured it out...

i took off the panel and removed the manual hvac setup and found that there were two cables (a blue one, and a white one) that were NOT hooked up to anything, well after looking around i found out where they went...that big white box butted up against the firewall in the center console...so anyway, it was simply that the cables were not hooked up, and now that they are everything works great! thanks

also i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a double din dash kit for less than $300.00...that seems kind of a lot considering it is simply two plastic pieces...
Glad to be of help with the heater, that could have been a real pain in the @ss this winter!

I have only seen one double din kit, and I don't remember where, but $300 is way expensive for what you would be getting. Where did you find the one for $300? It may be the same one I heard about a while back.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement