Need advice on rim fitment - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Need advice on rim fitment

i recently came up on some white te-37's and wanted to install them on my evo. until of course i found out they're 17x 7.5.
I know the stock rims are 8 width. my question is i know i can put the stock tires on the volks and they would work just fine although will the rim look like its tucked in? i figured id get some spacers to make the rim hang out a little more. im curious if anyone has 17x 7.5 installed on their car and how it looks? if not can someone give me an idea of what size spacer i should get? thanks

btw, yes the rims are smaller than stock in width. i would just like some ideas of how it looks and if a spacer would be needed.

Last edited by EVILAWD; 11-13-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I can't say what exactly fits what, but as far as the spacers; RRE doesn't recommend "anything thicker than 10mm regardless of longer and stronger wheels studs."

Old 11-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
I can't say what exactly fits what, but as far as the spacers; RRE doesn't recommend "anything thicker than 10mm regardless of longer and stronger wheels studs."

thats good. it measures up to a little less than half an inch giving me just barely anything less than 8" width once i put a spacer of 10 mm on. thanks. i will eventually upgrade to better wheels once i buy a few more upgrades. i just use it for everyday driving so im sure going down in size isn't such a big deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement