Rims For Evo's - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rims For Evo's

Hey all,
I've been looking for places to buy rims for an evo. Im quite partial to the staggered look but I sway back and forth. Does anyone have pics of some nice rims on evo's they can show me? any will be a help and greatly apreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
What do you mean by staggered look? If you mean size staggering, that isn't done on Evos. Maybe you were thinking of big RWD cars that need larger rims/tires in the rear for traction? You'll only see that on an Evo that is a race car running gigantic tires for competition purposes.

There are tons and tons of rims out there and tons more pics of Evos with those rims. I don't have any links to a bunch at once, but I can help you choose a rim for your needs. You'll need to specify the size your looking for, why you want them, what you want them to look like, how you want them to perform, what size tires, etc etc. Rims for an Evo are best when bought for the purpose of increased handling and acceleration. Getting them for looks can be counter-productive and expensive. Getting high performance rims that also look nice is the best!

Old 07-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah im talking about the ones you mostly see on rwd cars. Im just fond of the looks. A "deep dish" lip is also nice, I have a picture of a white evo with deep a "deep dish". I'd like to have nice set of rims that aid in performance (light weight ect) as well as looks. What do must evo owners buy/use?

Old 07-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I only pay attention to what's used for racing, and since I'm about to buy my real race rims/tires, I'm currently knowledgeable on a few things, because I wanted larger but lighter without sacrificing strength.

The Enkei RPF-1 is 15-17lbs even when larger than stock, fits the Evo in multiple widths and diameters, and it looks pretty decent. However, under extreme conditions (e.g. racing), it can exhibit spoke flex. So, I'm probably going with the Enkei NT03 in the size 18X9.5 with a 275/40-17 race tire. Not going to fit easily, but with the right spacers and fender rolling, they will fit and rock out.

I also have a set of Rota Torques, which are some of the best utility rims you can get, because they can be had for the stock size for only $600 while looking pretty good and not weighing as much as the stock Enkeis (but more than the MR BBS rims). If you want some crazy deep dish stuff, you won't get light more than likely, and it will require some major modification to the fenders.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

hey guys how about some pics of evo's and rims? not that im being lazy and not searching, i just wanna see if you guys have anything diff.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to EvoManiac IX
I went with the ROTA Slipstream 17" x 8 1/2" Wheels in Royal Black Finish.
They look nice and do not weigh as much as the Enkeis that come stock on the IX.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...29046835gqAhbE
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...29046835MeSFKF
close up pics...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...29046835TiUpWG
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...29046835STtsKD
The brake caliber clearance is better then stock too...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...29046835RecHxN

They are very easy to wash and I like that!

http://community.webshots.com/album/502473474ZMZbyQ
Old 08-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

haha thats funny evomaniac, i have slipstreams on my civic in gunmetal. they are awsome! light weight and look good and always looks clean!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr138
Hey all,
I've been looking for places to buy rims for an evo. Im quite partial to the staggered look but I sway back and forth. Does anyone have pics of some nice rims on evo's they can show me? any will be a help and greatly apreciated.

If you like the deep dish type wheels check out HRE's. They are not cheap but one of the best wheels on the market. The "wheel boutique" gives great prices on them. HRE will custom make them to your specs. I saw a set at AMS when I droped off my car that were black with polished lip. They were awesome!! I think I'm going with the Competition wheel from HRE. They weigh in at about 17lbs.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement