Spoiler fitment - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Spoiler fitment

I'm looking for a new OEM spoiler. The previous owner of my car must have tried to take the clearcoat off the carbon fiber section when it started to fade, because the c/f is all sanded down.

I found a good deal on an '06 spoiler and my question is would an '06 spoiler fit my '04? I'm pretty sure they're the same, but I wanted to make sure it would fit like my stock one. Would any '03-'06 spoiler fit?

Lastly, I have no bodywork experiece whatsoever, would I just have to peel back the material on the inside of the trunk lid and undo some nuts/bolts that hold the spoiler on?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Yes to all.

Super easy, and you might want the wingless look after you see it.

3m double sided tape is going to give you grief in this cold weather. Don't bend or warp the lid. It takes finesse.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool, thanks.

So the spoiler's taped on or bolted on? The yes to all and 3M tape parts got me confused lol.

I've seen the wingless and I'm kinda on the fence with that one lol... wingless makes it look like a "normal sedan from the side and back

Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
5 oh's love spoilers, they will follow you just to watch them, and if your lucky they'll pull you over for a closer look.
2 bolts, 2 nuts, and about 18" of some strong 3M double sided tape that will make you hate life. If your good w/ an exacto your in good shape.

:WARNING: Mitsu paint is not bulletproof or scratch proof, exacto's are for pro's. Dental floss or a high "E" string off of an electric guitar might be better for the novice wing puller. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, i know about the cops and the wing... seems to work with exhaust too lol... but I don't think I'm ready for wingless yet.

I'm pretty good with a razor and a heat gun And I'm pretty sure the whole reason for needed to do all of this anyways is because of that warning you put with the mitsu paint

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement