stereo help - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

stereo help

ok so im trying to find a cd/dvd/mp3/wma unit that will fit.i know it will have to be a pop out,but who has what and how do they like it?its mainly for the GF due to its the vehicle that is used on trips so a little dvd here and there is nice.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

they all fit inside a standard 1DIN opening, which is what the evo has. just comes down to which has the best screen, available options (touch screen, remote) that fit your preferences, and what you want to pay for.

head down to a local mid to high end stereo shop, and see what they have to offer, online is okay too, but you can't see the screen clarity for yourself. besides, looking at stuff for cars is a great way to spend a weekend, IMO
Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have a Alpine touch screen I bougt 3-4 years ago and still use it.
I am plannin on gettin rid of it, It is a Alpine IVD-310 I belive MP3,DVD,Touch screen, Satilit radio ready, Remote, auto dim, you can hook up your game system to it, and what ever else you want to it. Its in pretty good condition.
use it everyday. its a good deck. but just dont need it anymore.
if you are intresd pm me.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Keep in mind that if your passengers want to watch movies while you drive that is going to be tricky. I think all the car DVD players have built in safety devices to prevent you from watching movies while the car is in motion. I'm sure a lot of those players have hacks/mods to remove this feature but there are also state laws to worry about concerning a screen in view of the driver. Look into it, might save you some trouble down the road.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Keep in mind that if your passengers want to watch movies while you drive that is going to be tricky. I think all the car DVD players have built in safety devices to prevent you from watching movies while the car is in motion. I'm sure a lot of those players have hacks/mods to remove this feature but there are also state laws to worry about concerning a screen in view of the driver. Look into it, might save you some trouble down the road.
no worries.i wouldnt dare right a ticket for something i would do myself
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

here is mine... its got dvd,mp3,wma,ipod,usb,and nav. works great and never had a problem i just wish the evos had a double din to eliminate the pop-out. The safety device is wired to your e-brake so you can only watch movies when its on so you can either just tie this wire to ground to eliminate it or, I just click my e-brake one notch and works the same way.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Orbital made a 2-DIN conversion that would hold almost any 7" screen. It moved your HVAC controls to the lower console.

They no longer make this product however you might find someone on EvoM who is selling it. I also heard a rumor that someone else might pick up the manufacturing of the original Orbital kit and make it even better fitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement