Tell me what you think of my headlights - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Qatar Evo, you still got my phone number, just give me a call, heck anybody that has any questions or wants me to do your headlights can give me a call. 303-243-4602.

This was really easy to do so if you can spray paint then you should be able to do this yourself but like I said I can do them for ya if you want. jUst give me a call
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

How did you take the headlight apart ? I know how to talke it off but how did you get it into 2 halfs ? thanks Oh and I think it looks good when someone takes a step outside the box it means that tha people are using there brian so good work
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Well if you go on EVOM and to the "do it yourself" it says to put them in the oven for like 15. but first my oven is too small and second I would think that it gets the entire piece too hot to touch.

I just used a heat gun. Bougt one at Home Depot for 40 bucks and then I heated it where the RTV silicone is and started to pull. if you start on the corners you can get some good leverage and pull real hard. NOTE....the more heat you add the less you wil have to pull.

Then just work the heat down. Heat then pull, heat then pull. Work the piece out all the way around. It takes about a half hr maybe. The after you got them seperated, I used a screw driver and I cleaned out the remaing silicone as best as I could then the chrome piece kinda just falls out.

Then I started to sand all the chrome stuff down as best as I could. Then and this is IMPORTANT........ CLEAN THE LIGHT AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL. get all the dirt and stuff you just sanded off. The primer it 3-4 coats. Then paint 3-4 coats, then clear coat 3-4 coats. Then put it back using RTV Silicone from Auto zone. Squeeze the piss out of it when you put it back on. The tighter the better!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsevo View Post
Well if you go on EVOM and to the "do it yourself" it says to put them in the oven for like 15. but first my oven is too small and second I would think that it gets the entire piece too hot to touch.

I just used a heat gun. Bougt one at Home Depot for 40 bucks and then I heated it where the RTV silicone is and started to pull. if you start on the corners you can get some good leverage and pull real hard. NOTE....the more heat you add the less you wil have to pull.

Then just work the heat down. Heat then pull, heat then pull. Work the piece out all the way around. It takes about a half hr maybe. The after you got them seperated, I used a screw driver and I cleaned out the remaing silicone as best as I could then the chrome piece kinda just falls out.

Then I started to sand all the chrome stuff down as best as I could. Then and this is IMPORTANT........ CLEAN THE LIGHT AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL. get all the dirt and stuff you just sanded off. The primer it 3-4 coats. Then paint 3-4 coats, then clear coat 3-4 coats. Then put it back using RTV Silicone from Auto zone. Squeeze the piss out of it when you put it back on. The tighter the better!!!!
I will be talking to you at the meet about when we can do mine. In the mean time I will look for the paint.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Timeslip: 12.6 @ 113
Dynosheet: 490whp/468 lb-ft
Quote:
Qatar Evo, you still got my phone number, just give me a call, heck anybody that has any questions or wants me to do your headlights can give me a call. 303-243-4602.

This was really easy to do so if you can spray paint then you should be able to do this yourself but like I said I can do them for ya if you want. jUst give me a call
i might stop by your house coz am going to pick my gf and it will be on my way ,,,,,,, i will call be4 i do
Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

So I am thinking of doing my tails this weekend and blacking them out......So if anybody wants to do their headlights or their tails then they can get in touch with me and we can all do them together at my place. Just let me know
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
So I am thinking of doing my tails this weekend and blacking them out......So if anybody wants to do their headlights or their tails then they can get in touch with me and we can all do them together at my place. Just let me know
I would but there is a car show I am going to go to it is sat. Anyone want to go with. Josh it is in thorton.
8671 Washington St.

Last edited by BAMBAM; 10-10-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: address
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

wheres the car show??
Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Look at the post right above you. Wierdo. See the navy did not teach you a thing.....LOL

Old 10-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

i think that looks really sharp..keeps the flow of the red paint. Nice job
Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

The navy taught me alot, how to make a bomb out of someones gas tank, how to key a nice white evo, how to throw a bowling ball through a windsheild, um what else...when you see a shark in the water push the guy you don't like over first (make him bleed first...chum) LOL jk kidding buddy.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

How long is that car show, maybe I will enter it, see where I place if at all. you going to enter it BAM

Ya know I was thinking about keeping the tails red on the way home from school, so I may have to look into it more..Thanks Yankee. Go Red sox!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Looks great man, Im doing mine to match my GG paint. Cant wait, hope it comes out as good as yours.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

This is a blast from the past... but let me know if you need any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement