what intercooler pipes and bov? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

what intercooler pipes and bov?

Alright, im looking to do some basic mods to my evo 9 for now. Soon i will have rnr o2 elminator 3" tbe, intake pipe and filter, walbro 255 fp, and reflash. But im stuck on what intercooler pipes to get?? im not ready to do the full kit yet, and im looking to put an APS dual port bov on at the same time as the pipes. What pipes are worth the money?? and is the aps dual port a good bov?? how many lbs of boost can it handle up to?? (in case i decide to go big one day, will it leak at say 30lbs?? thanks guys, nick
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

You do not need to upgrade your BOV. The stock one is fine. The only intercooler pipe that helps performance is the lower one, I'm pretty sure. I don't think too many people here will agree with your selection of mods. Your best bet is to do the Buschur Racing/Warrtalon stage 1 upgrade kit.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

No offense to anyone, i dont want the stage 1 bushurracing/warrtalon package. Im sure its a great deal and package, but I want rnr cause its 3" and i want the hks carbon ti muffler that it comes with. Im gettin that for the looks and sound. Also, i know i dont have to upgrade the bov. I just want it for the noise to be honest, as corny and ricer as that sounds. And i figured the aps bov is best, cause it recirculates and dumps a little out at the same time. And aps is a good company so i thought it would handle all the boost i throw at it. So again, anyone have any ideas on what pipes i should get for a good price??

Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're just looking for some licp, go w/Nisei, they got the 1018 licp for $140, go here

www.motiongarage.com
Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I had written out a nice, long answer before reading the 3rd post, but once I saw the stuff about getting a BOV just for noise, I erased it all...

You want a plain exhaust with a Carbon/TI muffler for NOISE and looks? And you want to replace your incredible stock BOV with a $200+ BOV just for sound? I'm sorry, but you need to head to EvoM. We are not interested in people who care more about making noise than the health of their Evo. It's an absolute shame that you are doing this to your IX when it's such an amazing performance machine. It disgusts me to be honest...

Last edited by turbolarry; 02-15-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
I'm sorry, but you need to head to EvoM...
Let's not get crazy now.
... and let's watch the personal attacks too please. Clayton, people are going to do what they want with their cars. If they are willing to give something up for sound and looks, so be it.
Evo9er, don't be offended. Warrtalon is just trying to help.
... and don't complain about extra carbor build up on your bumper.
In regards to the piping; are you looking to keep the stock air box and stock battery?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

If you're just wanting some sound you can save some serious money by buying the litttle thing that clips to the end of your exhaust and makes that cool whooosh sound when you accelerate. Oh, and when you replace that BOV that is as good or better than what you're going to replace it with make sure to let us know if you'd like to recoupe some cost.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, but I didn't think we stood for that sort of thing here. This is a place for serious technical discussion...not catering to direct ricer requests. That is why I come here - to avoid the constant VTA BOV and Intake/IC pipe threads, and I personally do not with to have members like that.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

I dont understand what happend to this thread. You guys completely misunderstood me. Im not a ricer. I have a 660whp 2g gsx, with nothing done to the outside except volk te37's. I dont want my daily driver (evo 9) to be all crazy. I want it mainly for looks, thats why i wanted nice piping, bov, nice exhaust. So looking good and sounding good is ricer now??? I didnt say i wanted the turbo xs rfl bov to go faster did I?? warrtalon, you are very out of line with how you are judging me. but idc so this thread doesnt need to get deleted. I didnt mean to offend anyone with saying, i didnt want the warrtalon package. I want to put my own pieces together based on looks, performance, and price. thanks, nick that is why i picked the twin vent bov, the hks carbon ti-looks nasty and sounds good, but yet still 3"'s....are u guys feeling me or no???
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Am I feeling you? NO Do I now understand what you're after, YES! For me I don't understand spending the $ and being more concerned about looks and sound. I'm all about performance for the $, and if it looks good as well, O.K., but I could care less. Now that I'm clear where you're coming from it seems as though you've got a good idea of some pieces you'd be happy with. Also, with looks, a nice ported and coated manifold along with the possilbe addition of a polished manifold cover would provide some nice looks, give better spool, and overall better performance. While you're at it consider the coated 02 housing as well.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9er View Post
I want to put my own pieces together based on looks...
...are u guys feeling me or no???
Looks before anything else??? Not really, but that's just me. Bottom line it's your car, do what you want. If something doesn't work right we'll still be here to help you.
I do respect the fact that your choosing your own pieces. I don't trust any "package" either because more often then not I've seen that they sneek in a poor quality part or two.
So with that being said and done, let's stay on topic of pretty intercooler piping please and I'll move this to an appropriate forum.
evo9er, again are you sticking with the stock air box and stock battery?

Old 02-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

no, i am going to get a mini battery probably from buschur or do u have any other suggestions for that?? as for the stock airbox, no i will be getting a pipe and filter but im not sure which one im going with yet?? any suggestions there? i just want a nice chrome piece or even somethin like the blue cusco pipe?? even though its way over priced. But again, im goin for looks on this car. And that cusco looks like a really nice quality piece. again, thank you guys who understand atleast a little of where im going with this. I honestly dont care toooo much about the money. If it looks really nice, and still performs. Thats where im at with this car. I already have my 10 second "race car" My total goal with this car is to not push more than 450 to the wheels. Im not even sure if i'll get that far. It's mainly for cruising, looking good, and sounding nice.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

oh yea, also im interested in the rnr o2 eliminator exhaust. That is basically the o2 housing back. As for the manifold. I will probably do the dnp manifold. Its cost alot but i like it on my gsx cause it looks really nice and performs nice too cause its tubular and overall its a real nice piece.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

The mini-battery is a great addition to your engine bay,anything else like intakes or intercooler pipes I would recomend buschur.

Jared
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9er View Post
oh yea, also im interested in the rnr o2 eliminator exhaust. That is basically the o2 housing back. As for the manifold. I will probably do the dnp manifold. Its cost alot but i like it on my gsx cause it looks really nice and performs nice too cause its tubular and overall its a real nice piece.
And it will crack...and it doesn't perform as well as a ported stock manifold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement