what intercooler pipes and bov? - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 12:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Nisei makes a mini battery kit and a complete piping kit that looks really nice. Their web site isn't that complete, but they have nice products;
http://www.nisei-evo.com/index.html

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

ive never had a problem with the dnp manifold and neither has anyone that I know. Do you know of anyone that have cracked dnp manifolds?? The reason why im asking is because im making well over 600awhp with over 30psi on this manifold and hasnt showed 1 sign of cracking.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

As for that nisei site. Does anyone know the price of the battery? and when does their intercooler pipe kit come out, and what kind of price am I looking at for that? thanks, nick

Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Yes, the cheaper tubular manifolds, specifically the DNP, are known to crack on Evos, and they have already been tested to not make as much power as a ported stocker. You don't seem to want to listen, so I don't think I'll bother trying to help anymore.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

warrtalon, im sorry you and I didnt get off on the right foot and i hope we are past that. But, im the type of person that likes to see proof. I dont just listen to 1 persons advice especially about cars. Because I dont know you, or anyone else on this site very well, i would like to hear others peoples views and thoughts, and actual proof that the dnp manifold cracks. And also i would like to read about the test or article that says they dont make any more power than stock ported manifolds. How do i know that ur not some idiot that doesnt know too much about evos??? Im a new member... so unless you give me answers and information that proves what you say, im going to second guess you....hey whos knows... maybe someday i will start asking questions saying, "warrtalon, what should I do?"
Old 02-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #21 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I am with you on that one. I always demand prof when people make claims. For example, I purchased an ssautochrome exhaust manifold for my 03 EVO back in the day. Everyone told me it would not make any more power than a ported stocker, and that it would crack. This was also back when people said you couldn't make over 400 wheel HP on the 16G. I was making over 400 wheel HP on the 16G and never had a crack in my manifold in over a year of use. Will everyone have the same results I did? Nope. Did anyone claiming my manifold would crack ever provide a link to a thread related to a manifold failure? Nope.

Looks over performance is Warrtalons "button" and when it gets pushed he sort of loses track of everything else in a thread, and can't let it go. Just let his comments slide, he does not own the site or control the content of members posts. We are not hear to brain wash people into doing things one way and only that way. There is always a place for parts that look good as well as functioning well as long as you realize that they will probably cost more and are willing to pay that extra cost. You obviously have the means to reach that goal

Keith
Old 02-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

yeah thanks keith (fourdoor) for giving me the heads up and understanding me. And ur right, im not going dollar for dollar on this car like others on this site.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #23 (permalink)

this thred reminds me of nasioc.com
not gonna lie im kinda afraid to ask if you can run a 50/50 bov to reduce the rich condition between shifts but still have the sound.
im not saying i want to im just wondering because on the subaru MAF setup you could run a 50/50 bov and never have any problems.

evo9er im with you and turbolarry on the packages. when i get my evo and when i go to mod it i am going to follow the warrtalon package path but im going to build the package the way i want it with the parts i want.

i like a balance of looks and power but power>looks. ie when i upgrade my ic piping its going to get powdercoated lime green to go with the theme of the car i have planned out.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

Can I have your stock bov? I have a brand new turboxs bov I'd be more than happy to trade, its the rfl (really f'n loud) model.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinpsi View Post
not gonna lie im kinda afraid to ask if you can run a 50/50 bov to reduce the rich condition between shifts but still have the sound.
Don't be affraid to ask anything.
I've never ran a 50/50 bov, but I assume it would reduce vta problems by 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyjmysnk View Post
Can I have your stock bov? I have a brand new turboxs bov I'd be more than happy to trade, its the rfl (really f'n loud) model.
Please keep offers like this in the classifieds. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

My bad, I thought since it somewhat pertained to the original postes thread it would be okay, I'll use pm next time.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #27 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Subaru owners seem more likely to accept the compromises associated with a 50/50 BOV... that don't mean the car is running right, just better than it would run with a 100% vented valve.

Keith
Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

ok so what are all the problems with VTA besides the richness between shifts/throttle lift.

how much tuning does it take to convert to a MAP setup. i have a plastic VIII bov and i need to replace it and i would like some sound at least. the MR valve is availible and i know that.

dont get mad about what i prefer for my car im just asking a question im not saying im going to do is. ive noticed that about this site people are a lot quicker to get angry about someone wanting something different. subarus are super touchy you probably know that keith since you own one and with a 50/50 bov widebands have shown a very miniscule afr spike and there are no idle problems.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
You get that beloved ricer sound when you install the intake. You don't need a VTA BOV in order to achieve it. My 100% recirculating Forge RS is _annoyingly_ loud in conjunction with my Buschur intake @ 26psi. Going VTA throws off the AFRs due to the metered air being expelled, and it leads to idle issues as well as stalling when coming to a stop with the clutch in (vaccuum issue). There is no benefit to using one except for when you have a big turbo with a speed density system (MAP as you mentioned). At that point, the VTA causes no negative effects, and it can hold big boost...assuming we're talking about a purpose-built performance BOV, such as the Tial, not just something created to make sound.

The cost to switch to a speed density system would be the cost of a standalone ECU like AEM EMS (~$2k) or a hybrid setup using the MAFTPRO. It's a LOT of money and trouble just to run VTA...

Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

correct me if im wrong if the bov is adjusted correctly there shouldnt be any vacumn issues because the valve would be closed at idle.

im not saying i am going to do this im just looking at options. im not going to put a part on my car just for sound it would most definatly be a purpose built.

i want my car to run at its best but i don't want all go and no show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement