what intercooler pipes and bov? - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Non-Performance Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Non-Performance Tech Interior, exterior, appearance mods, lighting, alarms, car audio, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #31 (permalink)

for evo9er what I say you do before you go getting a new bov at the very least just get a cone filter if not a intake such as the one from buschur and see how you like it with just the open air element on it will most likely give you the sound you are looking for I would just suggest you look into tunning it soon there after... as for boostinpsi in my option the best bov to replace that stock plastic valve would be with the one from the lX (witch is the metal one)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #32 (permalink)

i already said that was an option...

i like the sound of bovs. personally the ssqv is my favorite i like the whistly sound over the psshhhh of air. but from what i read on here it is not a good choice so im kind of mad.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinpsi View Post
correct me if im wrong if the bov is adjusted correctly there shouldnt be any vacumn issues because the valve would be closed at idle.

im not saying i am going to do this im just looking at options. im not going to put a part on my car just for sound it would most definatly be a purpose built.

i want my car to run at its best but i don't want all go and no show.
The stock valve on both the EVO and scooby is open at idle, so adjusting the valve to be closed at idle takes more spring pressure. That extra spring pressure keeps the valve from opening properly on shifts and leads to compressor surge on throttle lift. The one and only purpose of the BOV is to vent this air preventing compressor surge on throttle lift, and most of the aftermarket VTA valves compromise this purpose in order to get a cool sound.

As Warrtalon stated, you get a lot more of the BOV sound when you go to an open element cone style air filter. You can keep the stock pipe from the MAF sensor to the turbo, and just replace the air box with a cone filter and you will have plenty of sound from the BOV.

Keith

Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinpsi View Post
correct me if im wrong if the bov is adjusted correctly there shouldnt be any vacumn issues because the valve would be closed at idle.
Yes, that is wrong, and that's not "adjusting correctly." That's exactly why the HKS SSQV is poor, because we need the valve open at idle.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Thank you - now I understand it.

Thanks, fellas. I guess I'll go with the Forge when I get to that point in the road.

Last edited by Warrtalon; 04-04-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement