Mods for Evo X - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Performance Modifications
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mods for Evo X

So i am starting the list of mods to do once I get my Evo X friday. I was looking at starting off with an intake and bov first then moving to exhaust then blah blah... Any good combos on intakes and bovs that i should look into? Not trying to break the bank but i want this thing running good. I am not sure if you have to get the bov and intakes together because they are intertwined or what, just starting to learn the whole turbo world thing. Let me know what you all are doing. Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Check out Extreme Turbo Systems. Heres a thread about there parts on a dyno...untuned. GOOD Stuff.ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems)- Evo X dyno tuning results thread - evolutionm.net.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
^^ I agree ETS makes some of the best stuff out there. I just got there intake and its top quality and easy to retune for. If your going to get parts either do a Intake with IC pipes or do a exhaust system. you do not need to change your BOV yet. The OEM has been pushed way over 25psi. if it were me this is what i would do:

Boost gauge
TBE exhaust
Intake
IC pipes
MBC
Fuel pump
Retune

This is pretty standard for all the evo's. but the key is the tuning, that will determine how much gaines you will actually get from your mods. If you just want a BOV for sound please dont purchase the evo. if you want to hear your stock BOV buy a intake, you will still be able to hear it.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

SicLanEvo good list, the evo x has responded very well to just tuning also, no aftermarket parts and one company is saying they added 80+hp with just tuning and a boost pill. Thats great news for folks in cali who have to hide everything they do to there cars. A 300whp car with all stock parts would piss some people off but it makes me smile from ear to ear. Just imagine with a boost controller and some key parts your looking at 350+whp. Good luck hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I wanna see the 80whp with just tuning and a pill....what company was it? that seems really far fetched even with running a super aggressive tune. shoot me a link or something i wanna read this.....I can see at the crank but not the wheels.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Its RS Motors heres the tread I was reading.Stock X and ecuflash = 85whp gain at 7k - evolutionm.net
Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

evo's are fast. i want one
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Send a message via AIM to JDM EXOTICS
yea, ETS gains are pretty impressive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDM parts and accessories
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: New England
Intrusion Attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker462606 View Post
Its RS Motors heres the tread I was reading.Stock X and ecuflash = 85whp gain at 7k - evolutionm.net
Hello,

As an introduction, I'm new to both this site and to Evo's (Awaiting my 2011 Evo X MR to arrive) and have mostly been trolling both this site and various other sites to learn about the culture, tuning, upgrade paths, etc.

I read the majority of this thread and went to the link you cited. I was very quickly notified of an intrusion attempt against my computer by "vp0ix1kel.cz.cc" (94.244.80.70, 80), which is a reported IP address. Upon doing a search in Google, I saw a post by an evolutionm.net user that he saw the exact same intrusion attempt on his computer.

I guess my point is that this is just a heads up that there is obviously someone attempting to gain access to personal information via the evolutionm.net site. Heads up if you guys are also members there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement