Warrantee woes - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Evolution X > Evo X Performance Modifications
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Evo X Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Warrantee woes

Now that I own a brand new 2008 Evo X MR, I really would like to do some mods to the car, maybe , say 40-60 HP more?? What's bugging me though is not knowing what I can change that:
1. Won't matter to Mitsu at all.
2. What does matter and could void my 70,000 10 year extended warrantee.
3. What does matter, but would be either "invisible" or very easily removed/changed prior to a service visit.
Also, has anyone got any info on mods that I could get thru Mitsubishi, whether self-installed or Mitsu installed, which obviously wouldn't screw up the warrantee.

Finally, would UK Mitsu parts qualify as OEM parts (such as FQ-360 parts)?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
warranty work is up to the rep, if you take care of your car and get it serviced regular at the dealer they are usually more flexible about basic bolt ons. as far as a warranty goes, did you plan on modding the car? If so you just wasted your extra money. I dont know about the 08's but the 07's mitsu line up still had the 10yr/100,000 powertrain from the factory. ( not that it will help if the car is modded anyway)

Get a drop in filter and a catback exhaust, then possibly a tune, this will put you above that 60whp more range.

UK parts should fit with no issues, but does not meet mitsu's standards here in the states, this would be the reason for us not having the fq series.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
I checked it out, the most I could get on the '08 was a 3 year/36,000 warrantee, with a 5 yr, 60,000 powertrain (you are right, it was better in .07). I managed to talk them down to 850.00 for the 7 yr/100,000 extended.
Any mods I plan to do would be bolt-ons: I had in mind an AMS box-type intake, UITP, and maybe a cat-back exhaust at some point. I have a guy in Huntington Beach, CA at EDO Performance that utilizes a WORKS custom tune which seems like it would do the trick. I would like to keep it below 330-335 whp to help longevity. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement