The batteries supplied by manufacturers weigh between 32.5 and 50lbs. Installing the Braille battery removes a considerable amount of weight from the vehicles front and and provides a small improvement in steering and handling. Those that have stereo systems in excess of 1000 watts are recommended to use two Braille batteries and relocate them to the trunk, shedding 32.5 lbs. off the front end and removing ~10 lbs from the vehicle. In those applications, the Braille batteries are usually displayed in the trunk next to amplifiers or speakers to add to the 'show' aspect of the vehicle since the batteries are actually quite small and look nice next to a custom stereo installation. This battery trades reserve capacity for weight.
MSRP $175 Sale Price $167
Technological features:- Factory Sealed Valve Regulated Design Eliminates damage from Acid Spills
- Environmentally SafeHigh Density Oxide. This enables Braille to produce a "High-Cycling" lightweight battery
- Heat Sealed Top Battery Cover Eliminates Electrolyte leakage
- Absorbed Demineralized Electrolyte Improves service life and off-season storage
- Heavy Duty Automotive PostsResist Damage from Vibration of Heavy Use
- Easy installation
- Calcium Full Frame Power Path Grids Provide Highest Cranking Amp to Weight Ratio
- Lowest Self-Discharge Rate
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.