Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Warr- 0-10 I was going to point it out early this morning, but I decided to give him a break even though I don't he should get one.

As for the topic about the HID's Do you have a fog light switch? a HID adjustment switch? Full Leather recaros? Infinity sound system with sub? Moonroof? If yes to any of these then you should have HIDs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look I just heard on lancershop.com that the 05 had HIDS but they put in regular fog lamps for what ever reason. Thats why im asking. Isn't that what this site's for? I can certainly tell the difference between HIDs and regular bulbs. It kinda pisses me off that the dealership didn't mention any thing about a leather,sound and sun package.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
YOu heard on Lancershop.com??? Don't rely on Lancershop.com for anything. Not all 05s have HIDs. They only came with the SSL GSRs and the MRs. It's well known and documented. Also, only the ones with HIDs even have fog lamps, and they are regular halogen lamps. Fog lamps are not usually HID like the headlights anyway...

What do you mean the dealer didn't mention the SSL package? Did you buy your 05 new or used? People who buy Evos already know it has an SSL package. It's not something you can add - it either has it or it doesn't, and you can tell by looking at it (sunroof, etc.).

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
They do have regular fog lights and hids only on the sun sound and leather package though. Do you have a sunroof? Do you have leather? Do you have a OEM sub in the trunk? Yes to all these means you have HIDS and fogs. If the answer is no then sorry you do not. This is the simplest solution or just look at your window sticker form the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have special deals for Forum members if anyone is interested in a set! I have a topic posted over in Vendor Announcements - starting at $120 shipped. You can email me also with any questions/inquiries at [email protected].
Thanks all!
John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts