Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been looking around the forums a little bit and i see people comparing the evo BOV with the 2g eclipse BOV. My question is is it possible to put a 1g bov on to an evo (it may not be as good as the jdm MR BOV but its better then a plastic one right) just some food for though for the people that want a good bov but dont want to spend a lot of money for one:dsm:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
you could do it with the flange, but I would rather just get the JDM MR BOV or the evo 9 BOV which is the same as the JDM MR. You won't have to crush it to hold 20+psi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wonder if the one on my GST is crushed than... meh oh well (and no im not running 20+psi on my eclipse i just put that much pressure on it with a boostleak tester to make sure):dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Tons of people use 1G BOVs on Evos. Buschur sells them as part of his stage 2 package with the UICP. Just remember that it's not flanged, so you have to add an attachment, or get a UICP flanged for the 1G. A new one isn't much cheaper than a JDM MR DV, so it's not a great choice.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
03LanEvo said:
i wonder if the one on my GST is crushed than...
Look at the top of the 1g valve (the copper color part); If it's level/flat than it has not been crushed. If the top appears concave the diameter and width of a penny or a nickle, than it has been crushed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts