Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Smoke,

Not everyone will need one. BRP is on stock coils. But as Lucas said, a few things will lead to the need of the COP. The car runs even smoother. And because of the octane rating of E85 it already runs very well. I'm loving the setup and cant wait to get more out of it.

880s can be done. They just run on higher latencies which can make them fail sooner. With the 1000c I'm now seeing IDC ar 65% again. Gives me room for the GREEN.

Tobz that is awesome...I am jealous. I can't wait to do e- 85 on both evo's.

I have a couple questions since I am still learning. Will everyone need a COP?? if they do e-85 on hi psi?? Or is this just different for each car? I want e-85 but can't afford the bushor COP....so I am trying to figure out what I need to be prepared for.

Also everyone is running 880's. I have 720's...can e-85 still be run on 720's. I know it would get close to maxing out the duty cycle, but I want to know if it is doable.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i probably would get at LEAST 880cc injectors, as it is im pretty much maxed out, i dont remember the duty cycle but according to Justin there is not a whole much left in there for anything.

like tobz said im still on the stock coils and it works fine for the most part, every now and then i get a pretty harsh missfire when driving on the highway if i roll into boost (low rpm WOT) in 5th gear only. i talked to Justin about this a bit and he recomended for me to get the KHS DLI, its a cheaper unit than the buschur ($450) and its what he is using in his car with the fp green without any problems. im holding off on this a little because i just bought an exedy twin carbon clutch and now NEED to have my trasmission rebuilt. my tranny is not enjoying all the power as much as i am! :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
every now and then i get a pretty harsh missfire when driving on the highway if i roll into boost (low rpm WOT) in 5th gear only.
:nono: Please don't do that, that is about the quickest way to grenade your engine or blow a headgasket especially with as much boost as you are running. That harsh misfire could also be fuel cut depending on where Justin has it set at. Always down shift to avoid lugging the engine.

The only reason I can think why Stefano's coils are still good is because he has very low mileage ie: they are still new.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't get much misfire neither, and I'm running close to the same boost level as stefano, my car has 31k miles and I'm running stock coils also, I too am going to invest into the HKS DLi after I get my tcase rebuilt or find a diff unit. I think John runs the same unit with no problems, correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
780 Posts
:nono: Please don't do that, that is about the quickest way to grenade your engine or blow a headgasket especially with as much boost as you are running. That harsh misfire could also be fuel cut depending on where Justin has it set at. Always down shift to avoid lugging the engine.

The only reason I can think why Stefano's coils are still good is because he has very low mileage ie: they are still new.

So if I am in 5th gear on the highway and just crusing along say at about 50 or 60 I should not jut press the gas all the way down until I am at full boost or partial boost. Am I correct in how you are explaining it. I should just down shift if I want to hammer on it. Or was that just aimed at BRP

·
Registered
211 Posts

thanks for the tip. the way i "figured" this problem out was completelly accidental, i was driving up to meet up with justin just before he left and i went to merge lanes on the highway and got on it to pass a car and missfire...

and yes my car is still fairly low mileage right now, bought the car new back in august of 2006 and just rolled over 9000mi.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So if I am in 5th gear on the highway and just crusing along say at about 50 or 60 I should not jut press the gas all the way down until I am at full boost or partial boost. Am I correct in how you are explaining it. I should just down shift if I want to hammer on it. Or was that just aimed at BRP
Lets just say its a bad idea to lug the engine at all. If you own a NA car than feel free to lug it all day long. Turbo-charged engines it's a bad idea and your asking for trouble.

Lug = to obtain WOT condition at very low RPM's in a high gear

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No Sir, 720 would max out around 20-21 pounds. I ran my 750 up to 22 and that was it. Out of gas. If you want to get the most out of the setup with the safest setup go with 1000s, lower injecotr duty cycles than 880s. FIC Fuel Injector Clinic sells them for $320. Then a tune and your off.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I need to get my POS up to Carz to have diagnosed... I have some serious issues going on with semi-stalling coming to a stop on BOTH the IX BOV and the Forge RS BOV... I get that mad shaking, jerking, chirping sound if I even do 1 psi of boost on the free-way to avoid losing speed going up a hill. (We all know the routine from Denver to Colorado Springs and vice versa.

This car has aggravated the hell out of me... :cry:

Cheers-
Erich

·
Registered
255 Posts
No Sir, 720 would max out around 20-21 pounds. I ran my 750 up to 22 and that was it. Out of gas. If you want to get the most out of the setup with the safest setup go with 1000s, lower injecotr duty cycles than 880s. FIC Fuel Injector Clinic sells them for $320. Then a tune and your off.
Well that sucks:):) More money on injectors....damn:(

Oh well...if you want power..you have to pay to play.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Have you messed with ECU controlled boost at all? You can definately hit peak boost sooner with that. I hit 24 psi at around 3400 rpms.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts