Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF Im looking either to do performance stages? Or even Individual parts. Can You guys Recomend one over the other? And are there any other good Evo Shops?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
AMS and Buschur are easily the best 2 shops. I prefer Buschur, but I wouldn't hesitate to go to AMS if Buschur was not around. Here are my reasons to go with Buschur:

1) Kings of DSMs from the early 90s who have now taken their expertise to the Evo (same engine) and become the best very quickly.
2) First USDM Evo in the 8s
3) The packages are a better route for making power on an Evo in the proper order (AMS is a great shop, but their packages are out of whack and not in the proper order)
4) Cheaper
5) Buschur is teamed with Dynoflash, which means you can get your flash tune almost anywhere in the country as opposed to needing to be near Chicago to get tuned by AMS

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Oooh, RRE over Buschur?! Come on now! [email protected] is one of the best ever for the 4G63, but even he heads to Norwalk, OH, for the DSM Shootout. In fact, that's where I met him, and I caravaned with Dan from MachV.

SBR is another great place - I've known Mike since he started SBR out of his house (just like Dan). It's amazing how far they've both gone...

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Oooh, RRE over Buschur?! Come on now!
Everytime baby! :D
I've gotta go there today actually, pick up some stuff, and get verbally berated about my cheapness.

Warrtalon said:
[email protected] is one of the best ever for the 4G63, but even he heads to Norwalk, OH, for the DSM Shootout.
... and if it was held at Fontana you and Buschur would be booking flights on Southwest Airlines. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Buschur made is rep on going fast in a straight line. RRE made theirs by road racing and autocrossing. I think when it comes to suspension RRE has a clear edge, and I think Buschur might have the edge in the power department - tough call.

RRE has always been low-key though. They don't do a lot of online marketing so they don't get the same visibility the other top shops get who are online. I think that's stunted their growth, but that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I agree, but that's why he's asking about AMS and Buschur - this is for staged power upgrades. AMS and Buschur both have their road racing factions, but RRE is definitely more known for twisty racing than Buschur. BR is teamed with Robi who is cream of the crop, but that's not so much BR themselves being experts with handling/suspension theory. AMS does have a sizable race team with several cars they use, and it's all done in-house, so they have to be considered for both straight and twisty purposes.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
It would be tough to choose between AMS and Buschur. I would have to give Buschur the edge simply because they support our site and AMS does not. There's no question they know their stuff. The fact that they support our community is just another great reason to go with them ;)

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
If you are doing all mail order parts that you will install yourself it is a flip of the coin what one to go with. I use Buschur myself, but have lots of respect for AMS.

If you are going to the shop to get work done, choseing what ever shop is closer to you would be the logical choice.

Keith

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would most defenately go with buschur racing their performance parts have been known to make realy good power and his upgrade sequence is one of the best also the price is much cheaper then ams. Road Race Engineering is also a great place to go to also thats where I used to go when I had my dsm's and lete me tell you that they are known for road courses but they know about 1/4 racing and how to hook up a car they did a realy good job with my car and my friends.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new here but I definitely recommend my friends at TurboTrix Racing. They have built me a killer car and can build you one too =)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe its cause Im from the west coast, but rre>buschur. They only sell parts that work, not just the ones they make. They dont tend to kiss anyones ass, but be brutally honest on what you need to do what you want. They have alot of stuff that isnt on there website, they sell it when its needed. Call and talk to robert or mike, both of them are stand up people. And they too have staged upgrades, check a few back issues of scc on there project mr.

·
Registered
361 Posts
There really is no way to decide between the two..... It all comes down to personal preference. Even though I have been accused of having AMS attached to my hip *cough cough* Clayton lol...... I would go with buschur in a heartbeat also! In fact I just ordered from both and as you can see with Warr's setup with buschur is able to provide some incredible numbers and as Ludachris says Buschur does have a lot of involvement in our website! As you can tell though they are both great companys but if you are looking to have your car tuned and are not close to either then I would go with Buschur since your flash can be done anywhere with them thanks to Dynoflash.:thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does EBAY count? seen a guys evo not to long ago with an Ebay sticker on it. Hey who evers cheaper while your searching for parts on ebay!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Warrtalon said:
Come on, Smoggie, at least give some reasons. I can't imagine any knowledgeable person from either side saying to pick Buschur or AMS "hands down" over the other. Even the Buschur fans/customers in this thread gave major credit to AMS...
To be honest, I don't want to go negative on this forum. So, I just gave my emphatic opinion for whatever it is worth to readers.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Can't imagine anything negative to say about Buschur. They're well known to be the best of the best of the BEST in all that they do. With thousands of customers, individual mistakes and misfortunes are bound to happen, but I can't imagine insinuating that they have a habit of "negative" occurrences...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts