Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there going to be noticable changes in the 07 evo 10 ?.........i know in 2008 or 09 it will change... if any info then post

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Seriously?

First of all, there won't be an 07 model. Second of all, the X is a 100% complete re-design and will be an 08 model that releases in late 2007. You haven't seen the concept versions that have been publicized everywhere? It's COMPLETELY different. The Evo as we know it is gone forever as of October when they stop making the small batch Evo IX SE's.

Here's a taste:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/motoringpreviews/65311/mitsubishi_lancer_evo_x.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it is redesigined....well in late 07 i hope the value of the evo 9 doesnt drop dead...well i guess only time will tell....i have to say i kinda like the new body style but....not as much as the 9,s. cuz it just looks a little heavy and who even knows how the ten will handle on the track.....

o yea thanks for the web page

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Yeah, I love the look myself, but many people hate it. It's a love it or hate it style. Yes, it may be heavy, and it supposedly will have an aluminum block that replaces the amazing iron block 4G63, which means we have no idea if it will hold up to mods like the current Evos. We can get up to 500-550whp on the stock block right now, but that's because it's cats iron. An aluminum block might be light, but it will possibly be prone to blowing when raising power. It also may have a DSG paddle-shifting auto tranny. We'll see in over a year, I guess...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i had no clue...well i would take a manual tranny over a paddle shifter anyday simply because i dont know how the paddle works exactly...basically an automatic with an electronic shifter....not my style. and what is with the aluminum block...? not worth the saving of weight compared to the rigidity of the 4G63 cast iron block.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm looking into buying a new MR, but probably won't be able to until like, march-june of next year. Do you guys think there will be any available?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts