Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 evo RS 22K on the clock:

I bought the car brand new with 3mi on the odo, in Denver, and I am having a serious corrosion problem with the drivetrain. Mainly the hubs and rotor assembly, down through the halfshafts (castle nut was siezed on when I changed the clutch out, had to drop the suspension out....)

has anyone else had this problem???, I don't think it should be an issue with a CO car with low milage.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks horrible, mitsu has agreed to replace all the parts affected, I'm just curious if others are having the issue, or if my car is one of a small amount affected by some poor metallurgy

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is caused by CDOT's wonderful Mag-Cloride they put down on the streets instead of the Ice-slicer (sand&salt) which they end up using anyways. Mag-Cloride comes from the Sea and is cut down a bit before applied to the streets because it is so corrosive.:barf:

Thanks CDOT!:thumbdown

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately, my car started doing this 2 months after I purchased it, and it was the middle of summer, not a whole lot of mag on the ground at that time.

plus I know of 03's that don't have this issue yet. they have more winters under thier belt than mine:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car came with a device called Pro-Coat that supposedly sends an electromagnetic pulse through anything metal and prevents it from rusting. Part of that Pro-Coat package was a 6 year warranty on the exterior and (leather)interior so if it fades, oxidizes, stains, etc... it gets repainted or replaced. I'm glad I have it with all this new mag crap they put on the road.

I bought my car while i was living in Hawai'i so a lot of cars come with it but it's mostly used on marine equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts