Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to the evo world, and I'm wondering about exhaust. I have STI buddies who swear by the APS exhaust, and I noticed that they make a turbo back system for the Evo. What do you guys recommend for exhaust to get the most performance gains? I'm not worried about it being too loud, but I do want it to be able to pass smog. If you guys/gals can help me out, it would be great.

Jared

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The APS TBE for the Evo is a good piece, but it's overpriced. There's nothing special about it to warrant the price, so I recommend looking at other exhausts. Any full TBE that's loud is probably not going to pass smog. It's 100% illegal to remove the stock cat, but you can still usually pass a smog test if you have a hi-flow cat. My recommendation is the Buschur TBE w/HFC if you have to pass smog...

Welcome to the site. Do you really have an 07 Evo RS? They didn't make any 07 Evos for the US, so do you have a JDM version?

Also, please be sure to spell and type properly. I fixed everything for you this time, but just be sure to proofread before submitting next time. Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you want a good exhaust and want your moneys worth then Buschur or AMS all the way. Buschurs is slightly cheaper and their TBE w/ the bullet muffler just sounds nasty.

Jared

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If your concerned about passing smog, stick with just a cat back. Once you start swaping parts before or the cat its self, your rolling the dice. I can't say which exhaust will get you the most performance gains, but look for the ones with the following characterstics and there won't be huge differences between them;
1. three inch piping
2. minimal bends
3. muffler (and resonator if included) with a perferated core and "full" three inch internal diameter. Some systems out there step down to a smaller diameter and have louvered cores that reduce flow, especially in the resonator. Ask before you buy. If they can't answer or don't know, don't buy it.
Looks, material and weight are up to you and your wallet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts