Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
29 days ago I switched from an 05' Civic to an 03' Black EVo. After 29 days the car blew up. Acceleration hesitations... 30 sec later OIL lamp comes on, was going to pull over to inspect when heard funny rubbing noise.... downshift to exit...bam...loose power, rolled off to frontage road. First I noticed that the outer belt (starts with an a) was lookin a lil ripped up, but still had tension.. Car no start. AIG auto insurance gives me free tow to Fort Collins Mitsubishi. here's what I found Out:

Car was heavily modified by the prior owner. When replacing oem oil pump pulley, jackoff didnt use correct bolts causing the middle to crack after the belt fell off of it
spilling oil all over my timing belt. this also resulted in Warped Head+ Bent Valves
cost= $4500

Go Subaru South will not cooperate, and the GM is dodging me (that bitch)
they sold me a car with loose parts.
Warrante = Void
I could have bought a brand new MR.

"F" Go Subaru South.....and my attourney says i'm screwed.

so you can see my poor baby at the meet in Castle Rawk.. i will be happy to show you the old parts.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
This is why we always warn people not to buy used Evos, and we urge people to AT LEAST take an Evo expert to inspect the car. Unfortunately, you are telling us this after purchasing it instead of before.

Hopefully, you can get the dealership who sold it to you to man up, but if not, then DO NOT spend $4500 for the dealer to rebuild the head. Use your money to get a Buschur Stg3 built head (or other similar unit from another Evo expert), or maybe even look at having it done by the local DSM expert named Jack. You can save a lot of money despite getting an UPGRADED head...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres the bummer, allready $600 into labor to diagnose the issue. Also, GM at Go Subaru is saying that they sent it to Mitsubishi Arapahoe for a RE-CONDITION...did some vacume hose job..bla bla bla...wouldn't have seen it unless they took off belt covers...car only has 23k on it. I got hosed, and I wish I had check out this site before buying. LESSON LEARNED and i want to beat the GM in the face with a blunt object. so even if i had taken it to a mechanic, they wouldnt have checked belt covers.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Man, I'm sorry to hear about this. If it's any help, three of our vendors offer head services.
As Warrtalon mentioned;
https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_25_114&products_id=39
Jackson Auto Machine;
https://www.jacksonautomachine.com/html/shopping/list_section.cfm?sectionId=28
Slowboy has sraight up factory heads as weel as upgrade options;
http://www.slowboyracing.com/shop.p...38&PHPSESSID=2c0dd9a283a2294e82170ec17cb2ea87
Maybe call these guys and explain what happened. See if they can recomend some other options too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got my

I just got my car back, took it into denver from foco and it's driving soooo nice... now I just need to sue the assholes who sold me the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts