Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whats the best for the money i have 23 to spend on a car and evo and wrx or srt-4 is what i was looking for. I don't know what i want can someone tell me some goods and the bads of the cars. Mods which of the cars you can spend the least and make the fastest. i just want a fast straight line car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, if you got an SRT-4, you'd never have the traction or handling that an Evo or STi could offer. Modded SRT-4's are pretty quick, if you can plant the power. To me, the real choice comes down to the Evo and WRX. If you meant the standard WRX, it won't come close to an Evo or STi, stock for stock. When it comes to mods, Evo's respond a lot better to mods than the Subie's do. I'd say go with an Evo, but I'm biased, as we all are. Cars don't get any more evenly matched than the Evo and STi. That makes it a hard choice, but you'd be happy with either one, because they're both awesome cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also, just an addendum, an SRT-4 would probably be the cheapest, leaving more cash for mods. But, the interior of SRT's are more or less like a standard Neon. The way I look at them is that they're just Neon's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say get a WRX if you want a straight line car, but they cost a hell of alot more to mod. So that would leave you with the EVO or SRT 4. Like was quoted earlier, the SRT is just a Neon on steroids... So that leaves the EVO. Easy to tune, Can change tunes n your own with the right items. Alot cheaper to maintain, and alot more room in the engine bay to work on. So i would personally go with the Evo, although i like the STI's.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Dollar for dollar; no motor can make as much power as the 4g63.
If your only looking for a straight line car, maybe consider an Eclipse GSX. Oooo... a GSX on $23 grand will be one bad ass machine. :sneaky:

1997 Eclipse GSX, 130K miles, good condition, KBB = $6000
Stage 1 SBR motor = $7000
Stage 3 Sheppard Trans (rebuild) = $2000
That takes care of some serious stuff and still leaves you with $8000 for anything else and go fast bits. Damn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i gotta agree with larry, my brothers gsx jus absolutly flys, and you still have 4wd, you strip the interior on that thing, and go balls out on the engine, you'll be happy. Very happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts