Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 03 Evo8 3" Pipes Header And Dump Pipe Lightend Flywheel Hd Cluch And A Profec B 2 Boost Controler If I Run Stock Boost I Spike To 24.5 Psi In 3rd Gear And 22 Is My Avg. BUT IT DROPS TO 18 PSI. No Problems. Is This Ok. I Can't Lower It At All The Stock Acuator Is Doing It And How Much Boost Is To Much

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you going to upgrade your stock TD05 turbo, Bigger turbo should keep your psi stable...
And you should not go over 22psi with you mods right now, unless if you got race gas!

·
Registered
143 Posts
And you defently need to get flash, It should get you garanty 20 HP... Its bed news to spike 24psi with just clutch and flywheel and headers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I Also Don't Have A Cat Just A Test Pipe But I Can't Get My Boost To Stay Under 22 Psi If I Take The Boost Controler Out It Will Do The Same Thing Boost To 24.5 Then Level Out At 18 - 19 Psi But Only When Im No It Hard From A Rolling Start In 3rd Gear In First It Hits 22.3-23.5 Most Of The Time I Just Cant Seem To Figger It Out I Have 3 Boost Gages And They All Read With In A 1 Psi My Kph Or Bar Gage Reads 1.5 And It Pegs I Dont Hear Any Thing Wrong But Thats A Lot Of Boost

Ps Ya I Need To Flash My Ecu Just Need To Do It Soooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
TIM J,
Please type complete sentences, use proper grammer, and spelling. It makes it much easier for others to understand you, your problem, and you'll receive better information.
Have you adjusted the gain on your Profec B 2?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kinda sounds like low end boost creep or the wg isn't opening up fast enough allowing the pressure to rise to 24 psi before dropping off to 19 psi.

Do you have a different O2 housing or have you modified the wg/wg passage at all?

Edit- I see now you have a O2 dump. Since you've open up your exhaust completely it may be that your stock wg is getting outflowed by your exhaust when you have the initial boost spike (3000ish rpm).

If so you may have to consider porting the stock wg or getting a larger external wg.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superflyjmysnk i think u have it i just out flow the wg. is this bad or will i be ok? and do i need to upgrade my trubo to put in a external wg. or is there something else i can do?

ps thank for all the help

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can have your internal wg flapper welded shut, just use one bead so you can open it back up if need be.

I lwould look into a tial 38mm or bigger wastegate, they come with a flange and can be welded onto your exhaust manifold.

Any competent muffler shop should be able to do the work if you are not able too, I had to do the same thing on my old eclipse when I put a evo III 16g turbo on. The wastegate cost be about $240 and getting it all welded on was $40.

Good luck with the car :thumb:

I would be careful in the meantime as that 24psi spike could lean out your afr and possibly blow the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts