Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys, i recently got a 03 evo and i was wondering what boost they run and whats a good, safe boost to run thats more than stock. I friend had a 98 gs-t and i think it ran 12 stock, and he put it at 16 with his BC or put it to 12, it was a long time, i cant really remember. I got a good offer on a bc, and i should be getting exhaust soon. Also, what does the stock EVO bov leak at? Ill be getting a boost gauge also because i know not to run more than stock boost without one. Thanks for the help ahead of time, i really appriciate it. :thumb:

any suggestions on a real good BOV? And is it better to weld it on or just buy a kit to install it with? thx again
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
CArkid0101 said:
HEy guys, i recently got a 03 evo and i was wondering what boost they run and whats a good, safe boost to run thats more than stock. I friend had a 98 gs-t and i think it ran 12 stock, and he put it at 16 with his BC or put it to 12, it was a long time, i cant really remember. I got a good offer on a bc, and i should be getting exhaust soon. Also, what does the stock EVO bov leak at? Ill be getting a boost gauge also because i know not to run more than stock boost without one. Thanks for the help ahead of time, i really appriciate it. :thumb:

any suggestions on a real good BOV? And is it better to weld it on or just buy a kit to install it with? thx again
Get the boost gauge in ASAP. Then when the boost controller is in, a safe boost level is 19-20psi. on 91-93 octane.
I'm not sure exactly what psi. the stock valve leaks. I ran 20psi. on mine with no problems. Which ever one you choose, make sure it can be recirculated. I got a good deal on a MR valve so I just threw it in for piece of mind. No welding or flanges, it just easily replaces the stock piece. Now running 22psi with no problems.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Stock psi. is 19psi., but it tapers down 2-3psi by redline. That's the problem of having the ECU/stock solinoid controlling boost. Once the boost controller is in, the tapering problem is gone and it should hold your desired boost till redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hey man saw that you had a few questions about boost. Right now i have no b/c or fuel pump i hit 24 psi on the highway and 22 psi on the street. On a stock setup fuel system i've seen it run safely at 22 psi ( I have a reflash done and redid all the fuel curves so that i can hit that high boost) with a fuel pump the highest i've seen in 12 evo's is 26.7 psi on stock turbo with a few mods on the car like intake cat back and a few more things. If you are just trying to raise the boost safely just run 22 psi and you will be good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
jmartinez1170 said:
Hey man saw that you had a few questions about boost. Right now i have no b/c or fuel pump i hit 24 psi on the highway and 22 psi on the street. On a stock setup fuel system i've seen it run safely at 22 psi ( I have a reflash done and redid all the fuel curves so that i can hit that high boost) with a fuel pump the highest i've seen in 12 evo's is 26.7 psi on stock turbo with a few mods on the car like intake cat back and a few more things. If you are just trying to raise the boost safely just run 22 psi and you will be good.
Really shouldn't be running 22psi daily on pump gas. That is not good for the turbo or the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
say im going to an autox event, can i put it to 22 for the run? or the strip?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
CArkid0101 said:
say im going to an autox event, can i put it to 22 for the run? or the strip?
You probably don't want it for auto-x, since too much power can be a hindrance, but you could do 22psi for a few drag runs. If you toss in some higher octane fuel, you can run 22 all day long, or even higher with some race gas (only unleaded if you have a cat).
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top