Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently bought agency power BOV with apexi air intake, and everytime i shift gear on low boost I hear a sound like pshhhh..pshhh...pssh.psh.shhh(rapidly)... On high boost like psshshhhhhhhhhh..... Is that normal or bov sprin is too hard?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
smoothmarine187 said:
You can try adjusting the BOV, or just push the clutch in alot faster when you shift.

Adjust the BOV and see what happens. What does the pushing the clutch in faster have to do with it? The BOV will release the pressure when you release the throttle. All BOV's work off of vaccum pressure, not the clutch. The BOV needs to be adjusted for the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lol no kidding, but when you slowly push in the clutch and take your foot off the gas slowly, your not going to have as much pressure coming out of your BOV, so its going to flutter. I have my spring adjusted tightly because I run high boost, so it makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
smoothmarine187 said:
lol no kidding, but when you slowly push in the clutch and take your foot off the gas slowly, your not going to have as much pressure coming out of your BOV, so its going to flutter. I have my spring adjusted tightly because I run high boost, so it makes a big difference.

Then you should be saying just let off the throttle faster, but that is not the problem. he should adjust the BOV accordingly to his car.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Adjusting the BOV does not matter anyway. It is always going to surge when part-throttle low boost throttle-lift. The key is to change driving habits by full-lifting off the gas quickly whenever driving in positive boost at low throttle or get a weaker BOV.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I agree, but if it wasn't adjusted properly then it will not open when it's supposed to anyway. I found this just searching the internet, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_off_valve . It actually gave a lot of good info that would be helpful to people who are new to turbo charged cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts