Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading, and what i read is that the oem evo 8 bov is "accurate" for up to 11psi and that the metal mr one is "accurate" for up to 24psi

now what i am wondering is what "accurate" means...

is it that anything after 11psi the bov cannot be trusted and is prone to leaking, meaning that you may be set to 21psi but since your bov leaks it may not be actually 21psi and is actually leaking a few pounds of boost? i am just trying to figure this and out and why the metal mr bov is much better

because i know that my boost gauge says 21psi, so that is what it should be....but i guess if that boost gauge is not reading boost pressure as it is after the bov but before than that would make sense...

either way, just trying to figure all this out...

·
Registered
30 Posts
The plastic bov is prone to leaking, but the metal ones aren't I noticed the other day that the evo 9 bov are metal. Maybe your running 21 psi, but if you weren't leaking you would be running 25 psi. Also just because they are prone to leaking doesn't mean your's is. Why not do i boost leak test and push 20 psi through the system and see if you hear air coming out around the bov ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts