Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a newbie question i am lookin into getting an hks bov and was wondering what do i have to buy in order for the bov to work on the evo IV

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
dafunk630 said:
just a newbie question i am lookin into getting an hks bov and was wondering what do i have to buy in order for the bov to work on the evo IV
I have some very strong opinions on this, but before I give you the answer, I want YOU to answer some questions first:

1) Do you know what a BOV does? If so, then tell me.
2) Do you know what BOV is on your IX? Do you know how good it is? Do you know how much boost it holds?
3) Do you know what a MAF is?
4) Do you know the HKS SSQV vents to atmosphere (VTA)? Do you know how bad that is for a MAF-equipped car like the Evo?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I think what Warrtalon is getting at is that it is not the best choice for our cars and if your not boosting above 19/20psi, than a BOV/CBV upgrade is not really required.
If you really have you heart set on having one (and having your car sputter), then you will need an upper pipe flanged for the HKS valve. If you really want to try and make it run right then you will need the recirculating kit too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts