Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

buschur flash

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Warrtalon 
#1 ·
does anyone know how much it would cost to have buschur do their stage 1 flash on my ecu? i want to do stage 1 but with my own exhaust choice and what not and im trying to figure out how much it would cost buschur to do their flash. i have a tactrix cable as well and i used it for my rex but it is compatible with the evo so i was wondering if ther is a different option than sending in my ecu cause id prefer not to have my car down for half a week while they flash my ecu.

#2 ·
The Buschur Flashes are for their own stages with their own mods. If you just want an eflash, you can get one from Dynoflash or pretty much any flash tuner. Eflashes are pretty standard now.

Your WRX has the same exact ports and port connectors as the Evo?

#5 ·
Hey Warrtalon I am making a trip up to Buschur in two weeks or so and Getting the following items installed:

Stainless Steel Clutch Line (Remove Restrictor)
Clutch & Flywheel (ACT HDSS)
Scattershield
Intercooler (Buschur Deluxe)
Upper Intercooler Piping (Buschur)
Intake & Pipe (Buschur)
Mini Battery Kit (Buschur)
Blow off Valve (Forge RS)
Radiator Hoses (Forge)
02 Housing (Ported & Jet Coated)
10.5 Hotside (Ported & Jet Coated)
Exhaust Manifold (Ported & Jet Coated)
Heat shield
Manifold Studs (Stainless Steel)
HKS 272/272 Cams (Might go 264/272)
680cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump

The question is this, I am currently un-tuned so will the Buschur Flash that they offer allow me to drive my car back home (8hrs) without damaging anything? Will I need to get it re-tuned afterward, or will it be fine with their tune alone?

Also, I know you don't like to speculate but with all the parts listed I should add another 100 whp correct?

#6 ·
YOu need to get a full custom tune as soon as all that is installed, ESPECIALLY since you're getting injectors. Are you sure they have a Buschur Flash for you? Is this an exact BR Stg 4 or something? If not, then I don't expect a Buschur Flash to apply. Did you not plan to get tuned while there? I think you should talk to Jarrod or David and make plans for getting custom tuned on the spot after everything is installed.

No, I would not expect anywhere near 100whp with those mods...maybe 40-50whp? The main power mod is the cams (30whp), but most of the rest is accessory stuff. The o2 should not be ported and coated - you should be getting an SS o2 from Buschur. The 10.5 hotside should help a little, since you have an 04, and the ported manifold will help a little. The UICP, FMIC, and Injectors won't add much power since you're on the stock turbo with pump gas.

#7 ·
The 02 is going to be the aftermarket one that Buschur offers, it's just ported even further and Jet Coated.

I would love to get tuned while I am there but I do not know any tuners, I am uable to get Dynoflash to respond to emails, and I have to leave their shop when everything is installed drive to Cincinnati, then back to Virginia.

I wish I knew some tuners but none here at all. I was hoping that Buschur's tunes would make everything run smoothly and extract all the power out of the new parts, I mean since tuning EVO's is all they do anyway.

Right now I am just waiting on an Email response from Jarrod to let me know how much evertything is going to cost.

If you have any suggestions as to what I should do about the tune please let me know.

#8 ·
Buschur tunes Evos all the time. They can probably do a custom flash on the spot if you ask and since Dynoflash won't be there at the time.

Are you sure they port the SS o2 housing? Those things are already heavily gutted with very thin sidewalls. I haven't heard of them porting those before, because they are already ported to the limits. David himself even mentioned once how there is nothing left to port on those Ebay o2 housings, but they do coat them.

#10 ·
That's a stock cast iron o2 housing, not the SS O2. That's why I said you need to be sure and get the right one. They used to prefer to port and coat the stock o2 until they tested the SS o2 and found that it outperformed the stocker by far. So, Buschur bought a ton, coated them, and started selling them for $200 or so.

Check this page:

https://secure.buschurracing.com/ca...0_129&osCsid=f63bcd6721b138c02d870e0972ca72aa

It's the one below the one you referenced, it has no part number, it's $25 less, and it requires no core exchange.

#12 ·
Again, it's just like a mail-in flash - there is no logging involved. You tell the tuner your mods, octane, and desired boost levels, and the tuner provides you with a base map for those mods. The difference with the eflash is that you have to first download and send your stock ROM so that they can modify it, whereas with a mail-in, you send the ECU to get flashed directly.

#14 ·
Hey Warrtalon: If I am planning on going with say a 50 Trim from Buschur in 6-8 months it would be pointless for me to spend the money on a 10.5, 02, and ported mani, correct?

I just don't want to throw money away if I don't have to, or have to sell some slightly used parts later.

My second question is I don't actually need to change the 10.5, 02, or mani to add some cams correct?

#17 ·
The wife is gonna kill me as it is for the 5K I'm about to spend (B/C I kinda told her it was only going to be around 2K for the clutch and install, hehehehehe:D )..... She makes the money, I spend the money.

I would not trade her in for the world though. Listen to what she told me yesterday, "You can sell my Mercedes SLK230 and any profit you make can go toward your car". Only stipulation is, I would have to drive her to work everyday. (Just another reason to drive!)

#18 ·
That's something you have to decide for yourself. If you're planning to do ANY turbo upgrade in the near future, then find out what that turbo kit comes with (mani, dp, o2, licp?), and don't buy those parts now for your stock turbo.

Cams are not relevant to the mani, o2, and hotside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.