Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided I want to get either the warrtalon buschur kit or the "pure power package" from buschur. I'm not sure which one would be better though, I wont really be adding any more parts after this kit and it will be a daily driver so I was wondering which you think would be better?

Warrtalon-
Buschur/Warrtalon EVO VIII Stage 1 - $1575
- Bushur Racing Turboback Exhaust with your choice of Hi-Flow Cat or Test Pipe and choice muffler (quite or loud)
- Forge UNOS MBC
- Autometer -30 - +30 Boost Gauge + single pillar pod
- Forge RS DV (adjustable one that I use)
- Walbro 255lph fuel pump
- Buschur Stg1 Flash perfected by Al for this specific combo

Pure Power-
This stage includes: Your choice of HKS cams, New timing belt & tensioner, BR Air Filter Kit, BR full 3" Turboback exhaust with your choice of mufflers as well as an Off-road pipe or highflow cat, boost gauge and mount, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and a reflashed ECU to control boost, timing & fuel curves, remove the speed limiter, and raise the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
partymonster975 said:
I wont really be adding any more parts after this kit...
:laugh: I've heard that one before.
Anyways; Who's installing the parts? Are you comfortable changing your timing belt and installing cams?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
How much more does the "pure power" package cost? Cams make a huge difference in power, so if you can aford it go the pure power package.

Keith

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll go with the "pure power" package and then by a MBC and forge RS DV. I think the Warrtalon reflash comes pre tuned for that parts combo, so hows this sound to you guys?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Go with what works for you. Some people will say, "No you have to do this," or "No you have to do that."
Let us know how it turns out for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I was just wondering if I needed any other parts or if you guys know what works well and what doesn't. I'm new to evo's so I was just wondering if I was doing this right so my car wont be totally messed up after I install some parts. I mean this is going to be a daily driver.
Thanks I'll tell you how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Upgrading the clutch is totally up to you and your driving. With all that new power, you're likely to burn through it quickly, but if you never race or slip it hard, then it could last quite a long time. One thing I usually say is not to mess with it until it starts to go out on you, but be prepared with a replacement clutch ready to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts