Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some web surfing and came across Buschur upgrade kits. Is anyone out there familiar with this company? The kits appear to be a good deal just based on price but what about quality? I don't want to blow my motor

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Haha, "is anyone out there familiar with this company?" That's cute. Buschur is the premier DSM/Evo speed shop in all of the country. Yes, tons of people have their upgrade packages/stages in all manner of 4g63-powered cars.

In fact, they even have a Warrtalon/Buschur package. :thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured you would find that amusing....back to business....what kind of hp gain would I get out of stage 1? Now I can run at a fixed boost level so whats the point of a boost controller?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
ryno11 said:
I figured you would find that amusing....back to business....what kind of hp gain would I get out of stage 1? Now I can run at a fixed boost level so whats the point of a boost controller?
I forget exactly what's in his regular Stage 1 kit, but with the parts (or equivalent parts) from my Stage 1 kit that he sells, it puts you right around 300whp/300wtq. For an 05, that's a gain of 50-60whp or so (less with the HFC instead of test pipe).

Not 100% sure what you mean by the second question. Explain what you mean by "now I can run at a fixed boost level." Eh? The point of a boost controller is to have direct control over your boost and be able to turn it up to wherever you want. If you rely on ECU-controlled boost given by the flash, then it will still work well, but you can't raise the boost - it just removes the taper and sets it right around 20-21. For some people, this is fine, but you can do 22psi on 93oct with those mods just fine. You can also then crank it up on race gas at the track or for the occasional fun on the street. If that doesn't appeal to you, then you don't have to install it.

I almost forgot to give you my results from these mods. I've said it so many times that I forget to tell newer guys sometimes. With the mods in my package (very similar to the regular Buschur Stage 1), I ran:

- [email protected] on 93oct @ 21-22psi
- [email protected] on a mix of 93/110oct @ 24-25psi

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
ryno11 said:
The kits appear to be a good deal just based on price but what about quality? I don't want to blow my motor
Simple bolt ons are not going to blow your motor.
The Buschur stuff works, but they seem to have made better stuff in the past. I had their downpipes for my Eclipse and my Evo, and the Eclipse was way better fit and quality.
... but they do work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Warrtalon...you said the stage 1 Burschur kit will add between 50-60hp on my '05 and put me around 300whp....but isn't the evo already rated at 276whp stock?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now you(Warrtalon) mentioned Burschur has a Warrtalon kit? what is the diff between that and Buschur kits? I want to mod my evo but its my daily so I don't want to go over board 305-315 hps is where I wanna be is one of these kits the most cost affective way to go about that?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
ryno11 said:
now you(Warrtalon) mentioned Burschur has a Warrtalon kit? what is the diff between that and Buschur kits? I want to mod my evo but its my daily so I don't want to go over board 305-315 hps is where I wanna be is one of these kits the most cost affective way to go about that?
They are pretty close to being the same. I just use a slightly different combo of parts and a few different brands. For instance, I don't believe in an intake, so there isn't one in my package. I also prefer the Forge UNOS MBC and Forge RS BOV, so based on my preferences and my success with these parts, Buschur had me create a stage 1 package that he sells for VIIIs and IXs (different for each). For your VIII, either mine or the Buschur Stg1 would get you right around 300-305whp on a Dynojet with 93oct. 315 is pushing it - you'd need an o2 housing, ported manifold, or both. Either way, the mods are very simple, reliable, driveable, powerful, and inexpensive. I went 12.26 on 93oct with those mods and 12.000 on race gas. I now have many more mods with more power and still drive the car daily like it's nothing.

Zhemel, I erased our exchange, because it had nothing to do with this thread. Only respond if you are on topic. Also, please stop pretending. You know what the Warrtalon package is - it's linked right there in my sig on EvoM and has been ever since you showed up out of nowhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ryno11,
Warrtalon knows what he is talking about. And I did think that was cute too "has anyone heard of Buschur Racing?" BUT i never heard of Buschur Racing til 4 months after i owned my Evo.... I am just glad i found them when i did. I have a stage 5 kit from Buschur Racing and love it, but i do agree with Warrtalon about the Forge RS BOV, I have the regular Forge BOV not the RS and i wish i would have gotten the RS.
I would like to see what the forge MBC warrtalon sells looks like, I have the Buschur Racing one.... dont get me wrong it does the job but it isnt pretty, just plain looking. i want one that works as well as the the buschur racing one but looks better. this is what the buschur one looks like, it is very actuate

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well hopefully I will be satisfied too. I am ordering my warrtalon kit on wednesday and I will keep you guys posted. But I am taking my ride in for a diagnostic b4 installing the kit. my car is making some weird noises and its not running @ proper boost. still under warranty though :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
ryno,
yeah take it in before you install anything, my ACD line blew off my car and i took it in to get flushed (we dont have the machine to flush it at our dealership) so when they popped the hood the service adviser said to me "ill be right back", 2 minutes late he came back with the service manager and the service manager said to me "you know your drivetrain warrenty has just been voided right?" he also informed me that he was going to put in the computer that it has been voided and if other dealerships call he would inform them too. What a D!ck. but that is the the chances you take when you have aftermarket stuff installed, in my case a stage 5 kit,lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts