Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around for a GT35, an came across Buschur Racing site an see that they are selling there full turbo kits for 2995, Went over to AMS and they are a full 2k more. Does any one know What extra comes with the AMS kit over the Buschur?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Depends if you can handle 500+HP

Well, Buschur kit includes everything you need to install on your Evolution to handle 500+ HP equipped with front mount kit, TiAL 44mm External Wastegate, stainless steel O2 housing, replacement low profile cooling fan, oil feed line, oil return line, misc fittings, bolts and gaskets, and polished BR exhaust manifold.
AMS kit just probably add few more parts like bigger intercooler, down pipe, intake

If you looking around 380+ whp, and believe me thats ALOT, all you need is convert your stock turbo into BR 20G-9 turbo for under $800... And ofcourse you'll needs some common parts to get good results, see BR Upgrade Sequencing

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
turbolarry said:
Just with a quick look it looks like the main difference is the manifold. BR's is a cast piece, while AMS uses an tubular one. The welding might bump up the price???
The AMS also comes with an intake pipe and K&N filter.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_30&products_id=124

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_56&products_id=488
It also comes with the down pipe... there kit does not work with a standard configuration down pipe, so if you have already purchased a down pipe you will need to sell it to try and re-coupe some of your loses.

Keith

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Buschur Has no Downpipe to offer, or does it use the regular downpipe.
Yeah my car is ready to handle 500+, got a bunch of goodies ready and waiting at home for this turbo kit. Just trying to get alittle More intel on the kits, being that there is a 2k difference. Thanks for all the Help

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
awsniper said:
So Buschur Has no Downpipe to offer, or does it use the regular downpipe.
Yeah my car is ready to handle 500+, got a bunch of goodies ready and waiting at home for this turbo kit. Just trying to get alittle More intel on the kits, being that there is a 2k difference. Thanks for all the Help
The Buschur system dosn't come with a down pipe because it works with any normal EVO downpipe, and they assume that you already have a full exhaust system if you are ready to upgrade your turbocharger.

Keith

·
Registered
30 Posts
ams 35r

you should have gone with the ams gt35r kit which is wat i got and trust me that turbo kit setup is really good for the money you spend I thought it was alot of money to but when i put it in nothing came close. i used the AEM ems and its crazy fast. right now it runs like crap because the car is not yet tuned but im planning on getting the ams fuel system which is crazy. full-race also makes a bad ass turbo kit for the evo. FULL-RACE.COM:thumb:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Ummmm, your car is un-tuned and running like crap is the statment you make right after saying your car is "crazy fast"..... which is it?

I have no doubt that the AMS kit is a high quality piece of work.... but telling people your car is crazy fast AND that it is un-tuned and runs like crap in th same breath isn't the best way to get the message out to people, know what I mean?

Simply put, you think that your car is going to run great after you get it tunned.... and you are probably 100% correct. You just spent $2000 more to get the same results I have achieved. Part of that extra cost is the downpipe, and part of it is the tubular manifold (you CAN get the Shearer manifold as an optional part on the Buschur kit if you want) so I am not saying AMS charges to much.... they 100% do NOT cheat their customers, they are great people and their kit just includes more parts which add to the cost. If you don't already own an aftermarket down pipe the AMS kit is much more attractive than if you have already spent some $$$ on a downpipe.

It is all about how you want to spend your money, not about the quality of the parts... both shops are top shelf.

Keith

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is true it is about how you want to spend your money in my case i didnt want to search for parts so i just bought the kit. the car does run sloppy but not to the point where it cant be driven. Im gonna make an appointment with low cash racing so they can tune it. i also was looking for someone to tell me how much power the stock mr axles will hold

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
JORGE said:
that is true it is about how you want to spend your money in my case i didnt want to search for parts so i just bought the kit. the car does run sloppy but not to the point where it cant be driven. Im gonna make an appointment with low cash racing so they can tune it. i also was looking for someone to tell me how much power the stock mr axles will hold
Dave Buschur is running 9's in his daily driven full weight EVO RS on stock axles, so I don't think you will have any troubles with them. It isn't like back in the day with the 3 bolt axles in a Galant VR-4 that snapped if you gave them a stearn look :)

Keith

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
JORGE said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 second evo on stock axles so all he did was upgrade the studs.
Yup, he put the longer wheel studs in so he could use wheel spacers on the front so the wheels he has would fit with the stock Brembo's... but the axles are stock.

Keith

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
JORGE said:
Have you ever heard about the rear wheel drive evo conversion kit?????????????????
Yup, used extensivly in the Fast and the Furiouse 3.... only really desirable if you want to get into drifting and already own an EVO... there are much better drift cars out there for a lot less money though.

Keith

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah a 240 is easy to come by here in Hi, every one here wants to drift. they got for under 2500, and up to 7000 for a top shelf one. but i like my evo insted. Another quick quetion.... I have a DC Exhaust Manifold, will that work with the new turbo also, or is the whole upper part of the turbo different?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry about that, its not a DC sport its Megan, and it bolts right up to the stock turbo. No big deal, was just wondering if it would work. I gess ill find out once the turbo get here.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
awsniper said:
That sounds Good, Buschur it is then. Thanks again for all the info.
Glad to see you got some good help here - please be sure and tell Buschur we (EVOtuners) sent you. They are a supporting vendor of our site.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts