Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up everybody I was thinking of geting a turbo upgrade but cant make up my mind. My goal is 440-480 whp I have been looking at the buschur turbo upgrades and I am very interested in the BR 500 turbo kit and I like the price but want to know what do you guys think would be the best turbo kit for what I want and what other turbo kits would you guys recomend under 3 thousand. The car will have suporting mods such as 264,272 camshats not sure what brand ,720 cc injectors fuel pump, full 3" turboback exhaust, biger front mount. I want to get the turbo xs lancer evolution utec for tuning I like that you can switch from street to race settins with a push of a buton. The car has to be daily driven and I go to the track every once in a while, thanks and any info would be apreciated. I

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I suggest the BR3065. Buschur cars have been rocking out with that recently. You can get 400+ on pump gas and 500 on race gas.

Please don't mess with the UTEC. It's not that good for the Evo, and there are far better, far cheaper options. Don't let the push of a button switch from pump to race win you over. With flashing, you can have as many maps as you want and switch between them in minutes. You just can't push a button and switch while driving, but that's not important anyway. I mean, you have to go drain out your pump gas and put in race gas anyway, so might as well reflash for race settings while doing that. Whatever you do, don't choose your tuning just based off being able to switch maps real quick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You know WARRTALON it wouldn't be such a bad idea if you came up with your own turbo kit. You did develop your own stage 1 kit. Most people swear by it. So how about it any possible turbo kits from WARRTALON?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Finding a complete turbo kit for under three grand is going to be difficult. Buschur is probably your best bet, or piece it together yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
EVILAWD said:
You know WARRTALON it wouldn't be such a bad idea if you came up with your own turbo kit. You did develop your own stage 1 kit. Most people swear by it. So how about it any possible turbo kits from WARRTALON?
Hey, that would be great. Maybe after someone takes a risk and provides me a turbo kit to test, then I'll do that. With only the stock turbo under my belt so far, though, I can't provide first-hand experience on what works best for the money. That is how my package was created - I took basic mods that I liked, put them together on my car, then went very fast with very little money spent. People kept asking me my advice on which mods to get, so instead of answering with the same long answer each time, I had it put into a basic stg1 package that Buschur decided to sell. It's been very successful - I think they've sold 30 or so, but I'm not sure.

To do the same, I'd need to have gotten an affordable, reliable turbo that works well without needing a ton of supporting mods nor any fabrication. I'd like to do this with the BR3065 or VIP 50-trim, but we'll see...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm sure a few more turbo kits will hit the market this year and next. For the money, it's tough to beat Buschur's products. They've been working on these engines before the Evo even hit US shores. Most people who pick up an Evo don't realize how much experience Buschur has with this engine already due to his 15 years of experience in the DSM world.

I wouldn't steer you away from Buschur if that's where you were looking. I know this isn't first hand experience with that turbo, but I've had plenty of experience with their products overall. Take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cul8rv8 said:
hey whats up everybody I was thinking of geting a turbo upgrade but cant make up my mind. My goal is 440-480 whp I have been looking at the buschur turbo upgrades and I am very interested in the BR 500 turbo kit and I like the price but want to know what do you guys think would be the best turbo kit for what I want and what other turbo kits would you guys recomend under 3 thousand. The car will have suporting mods such as 264,272 camshats not sure what brand ,720 cc injectors fuel pump, full 3" turboback exhaust, biger front mount. I want to get the turbo xs lancer evolution utec for tuning I like that you can switch from street to race settins with a push of a buton. The car has to be daily driven and I go to the track every once in a while, thanks and any info would be apreciated. I

I am going to agree with WT. The 3065 turbo kit becoming one of the more popular turbo kits. To give you some information on people who have these kits I will turn to Jarrod. His evo 8 is full weight, has a good sound system, big ass 18" volks and street tires. He has our stage 4 kit w/ 880 injectors, 272 cams and an aem ems. He put down 462 awhp on our mustang awd dyno on race gas and 28 lbs. When it was taken to the track it went a bext of 11.04, which is moving for a full weight evo on street tires. He also has the stock block, stock head, stock intake manifold and stock throttle body.

The price of the kit is $3195.00 which is most likely the closest to $3k you are going to get to a full bolt on turbo kit for your evo with proven results. Even on a flash which we have had a few customers, they have done very well. A customer of ours that has the 3065, and again our stage 4 basically with a flash put down 430 awhp on 93+alky at 21 psi. Now I know 21 psi with alky is alittle low but that what he did. I am sure that if he had ramped the boost like he could have he would have made quite a bit more. On that same customers car on 93 and a c16 mix he put down over 500 awhp.

Now if you plan to do this turbo kit or any type of major power upgrade int he future. Remember the clutch. I did not see a upgraded clutch in your modifications list so, if you do not have one I would recommend looking into one soon. Let me know if there is anything else you would like answered or need help with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have a clutch its a no name clutch from road race going to be installed this friday with a lighter flywheel also. Where can I get this turbo kit ive been in the buschur site but havent seen it. What do you recomend for tuning I am thinking a reflash or I already have a super afc 2 can I just tun it with that, can I get good numbers with an afc. I am trying to run constant 11.8 or around there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a buschur racing BR500 for 2,300 dollars on machv.com is this a good turbo for the numbers and times I am looking for, the price sounds realy good. Its either going to be between BR500 or the 3065 turbo kit.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Just call Buschur and get the 3065. The 500 is not used much and is not very popular.

No, you can't rely on an SAFC - just get a custom flash and sell the SAFC.

It's too bad that you went ahead and bout the RRE clutch and are paying to have it installed. It will by no means hold up for the power you want to make with these large turbos...

Btw, you can get 11.8s consistently on the stock turbo...

·
Registered
11 Posts
cul8rv8 said:
I do have a clutch its a no name clutch from road race going to be installed this friday with a lighter flywheel also. Where can I get this turbo kit ive been in the buschur site but havent seen it. What do you recomend for tuning I am thinking a reflash or I already have a super afc 2 can I just tun it with that, can I get good numbers with an afc. I am trying to run constant 11.8 or around there.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/ca...d=723&osCsid=0b106ec0b635359efdf016360572028e

I would again recommend what WT has already and go witha custom flash. You will not really need the safc at that point and you coudl sell that and get some money back. With a flash and this kit you should have no problem doing the 11.8's. Please let me know if there is anyting else.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Fuel and timing control and there are some guys in socal who can help you out with this. :thumb:

As far as the clutch, which one did you get? Tell them to remove the fluid restrictor while they are down there and spring for the stainless steel clutch line. The 3200 is you like to launch it.

500 lbs torque on the 2900 and 575 lbs on the 3200 with street discs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm curious obviously it depends on type of driver but on a regular given day what horsepower ranges would you have to be at to hit a high 11's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts