Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just ordered the Buschur/Warrtalon stage 1 with the HFC and Magnaflow. I'm looking forward to getting it delivered and in the car! Just wanted to know if anyone has any tips or advice on getting everything in smoothly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :dsm:

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
There's nothing tricky with these parts, so you should be good. Since you're doing the whole TBE, then you don't have to worry about taking the individual exhaust pieces apart, which makes it easier. The hardest part will probably be when you try to remove the rear o2 from the cat. You'll probably need a breaker bar for that one and be sure to soak the connection prior to trying to break it loose.

After you remove the o2 sensor, you can just unbolt the DP from the o2 housing, then unbolt the hangers and drop the whole thing. When you install the exhaust, start with the DP in one piece, then go ahead and put the slip-fit pieces together and loosely fit them to the hangers so that you can put the DP and HFC flange together. Once that's together, bolt everything up tight. The exhaust comes with all the hardware you need and instructions, so you should be fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. The only thing to remember is that for one of the catback pipe sections, you reuse a couple of the bolts for the hanger (I don't believe they mentioned this in the instructions). Other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

Also, as Warrtalon mentioned, the O2 sensor can sometimes be a pain. What I did was disconnect it from the car first (pulled the line from the floorboard and then disconnected it from the switch). I found it much easier to remove from the cat once I had the whole stock exhaust off and laying on the floor.

I normally wouldn't plug another site, but there's a good write-up on evolutionm.net that goes through the install, and in the comments someone gives some good tips to help make the install easier if you're having trouble (this is where I got the tip for disconnecting the O2 sensor).

Good luck - I installed the Warrtalon package along with some other mods, and now I'm just waiting for my custom tune by Dynoflash at the end of this month!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright! Thanks a lot guys. I actually switched from the Magnaflow to the Bullet, 'cause I read it flows better. I'll have to check out the write up you mentioned, Geese1. I was thinking about doing a write up on it for this site. Does that sound like a good idea, Warr?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see how loud the Bullet really is. If it turns out to be too much, I'll try the Magnaflow, maybe without a cat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sound clip maybe? when does it arrive?

im torn inbetween a 500$ megan tbe or the 800 buschur which would make me STU legal because of the hfc. i can find clips of the megan but none of the bullet only the magnaflow.

but then i couldnt use a boost controller or a rear strutbar arm. i hate class rules ROFL

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
No need for a rear strutbar arm anyway, but not being able to raise boost sucks way too much for me to be in STU, although you could remove it for events and be sure to have one tune for stock boost and one for raised boost.

Boostinpsi, let me know where you can get the full Megan TBE for $500. I've never seen it below $550.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The descision between the Bullet or Magnaflow really depends on the cops in your area because the bullet is LOUD. The bullet does drone a little at highway speeds but its nothing some loud music can't fix.

Jared

·
Registered
78 Posts
The descision between the Bullet or Magnaflow really depends on the cops in your area because the bullet is LOUD. The bullet does drone a little at highway speeds but its nothing some loud music can't fix.

Jared
It's weird, because I have the Bullet muffler with a test pipe, and I really don't find it that loud...

This is an area though where most of the "performance" cars are V8s, so in comparison maybe my I4 won't sound very loud. Also, cops don't seem to hassle people much about things like loud exhausts, not that I've noticed anyway. It also helps that I don't go WOT through the residential areas or town centers (save that for the back roads!)

Keep in mind though that if you asked my wife, she would say I'm a little on the deaf side (based on my always having to turn the volume up on the TV after she's been watching it... ;) )

·
Registered
78 Posts
We'll see what happens. I can't wait to get it all put together. Geese, I see you're from PA. Where you from exactly?
In the northwestern corner of the state - about midway between Pittsburgh and Erie.

Let us know how the install goes, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you run into any difficulties!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh, I thought you might have been from around here (Philly). I've been trying to meet PA Evo people, but there's not too many from around here. Yeah, I'll let everyone know how it goes. Still waiting for the parts. One question though, how does the re-flash come? I have the cable and the software. Does Buschur send it to me in an e-mail or something?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The WT package includes a mail-in flash where you send your ECU. If you want to do it electronically, then you need to download your stock ROM and send it to Dynoflash in an email along with your RA# given to you by Buschur. Dynoflash will then change your ROM and email it back so that you can upload it at which point you becomed "tuned."

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, I got the parts. I'm waiting on the tune. I put the exhaust in, though. It went in real easy, with no real difficulty. I didn't have time to do pictures for for a write up, though. The exhaust sounds pretty good. Not as loud as I though it would be, but I'm thinking about getting the Magnaflow instead. At WOT it sounds awesome! :thumb: There was definitely a decrease in spool time and an increase throttle response. Hopefully, I'll have the flash by tomorrow to get the rest of the parts in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, between the exhaust and the LICP I installed, I also noticed a decrease in spool. The car just seems to respond so much better to the throttle, and it's quite easy to get into boost if you're not paying attention... ;)

I had the alignment done earlier this week and the tech even commented on the fact that the car just seemed so eager to run when we took it out for a quick road test after he had finished.

My Buschur filter kit arrived today also, so I'm thinking about throwing that and the Walboro in this weekend. I'm curious to see how much, if any, the cone filter improves on the throttle response and spool time.

Let us know how the car feels once you get all the parts on and load in the flash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm still waiting on the flash. I think today, I'll put the boost gauge in and get that out of the way. Now I'm thinking about doing the licp, too. But, I'll let you know how it feels after the MBC, filter, and flash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts