Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i currently own a stage 2 wrx. Im looking to upgrade to an STi or an 9. I really like the 9 but whats holding me back is that theres no way to fit skis in it and i ski everyweekend in the winter. If i got the STi all i need to do is throw a version 7 seat in there and it has the pass through. What do you guys do in your evos? Roof racks? Thule?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
put a roof rack on it! unless you think you can find some version 7 seats cheaper then you can buy a rack for. Also with skis coming threw a pass threw you lose interior space for other people or other luggage. I would put a rack on either the sti or evo if that is what you do, why wouldn't you put a rack on it?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
evothis said:
is there a JDM seat for the EVO with a pass through is what im trying to ask.
The EVO VIII has an arm rest and the only thing between the passenger cabin and the trunk is a thin layer of fabric. You can cut your own pass through in the fabric and sew up the edges nice and neat if you want.

Alternatively you could get the 40/60 split fold down rear seat from a standard lancer. When folded it would expose the metal bulkhead behind the seats, but you would be able to put your skies in that way.

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome you answered my question........how much do you think i can pick up a lancer seat if i had too

·
Registered
11 Posts
you should have posted this thread like 3 months ago. I looked FOREVER for stock EVO seats. I would have traded you the seats from my '04 Lancer OZ. I sold it though and bought a DSM.:dsm: But i just got a new job so now i'm either getting an EVO or a WRX :thumb: That's my life story though... always a day late and a dollar short.

·
Registered
13 Posts
good question, while shopping for stis and evos i was surpised neither of them folded down and had a real pass through. i like keeping my boards outside anyway, keeots the nice interior clean. now i just need to figure out how to keep it clean with my dirtbag smoking, soda-drinking, chip-eating, wrappers-between-the-seats-stashing shed buddies. :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts