Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to change the stock dp for a 76mm soon. But when I purchased my 03 evo used it already had a autometer EGT gauge and the probe was installed on the downpipe just before it mates with the 02 housing. Looks like there is a bung welded on there too. So after I put in the new dp I want to put the probe somewhere and don't want to drill any holes in the downpipe. I think the EGT gauge is useless right now since I'm done doing any serious tuning to my car which is a daily driver and not doing any serious racing anyways. Any suggestions on what I can do with the probe?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Are you sure you have an EGT probe in the stock downpipe? Usually, we tap into the exhaust manifold for EGT, and we put a wideband o2 in the downpipe. Make sure on that, because you don't really need an EGT (especially not in the downpipe), but a wideband o2 is VERY useful. I guess you would know which one you have based off whichever gauge is in the cockpit. Seems strange to have a used Evo with an EGT gauge and no AFR gauge. Is that the case here?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I'm definitely sure its an EGT probe in the stock downpipe. No AFR gauge either. Car just came with EGT, oil pressure and boost gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts