Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a clutch line kit for my car and was wondering if any one knows how to remove the restrictor from the clutch.
Or would it be beter if I just replaced the line and leave the restrictor alone.

For my understanding the restrictor is put on the cars to avoid broken differentials and tranys, so the clutch slips more than it should right.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
The restrictor is not related to the line. It is in the slave cylinder. You just remove the slave cylinder, and it should fall right out. You can keep it in if you want, but the car performs much better without it. What it does is slows the clutch engagement significantly by restricting the hydraulic fluid, so even though you may work the clutch quickly with your foot, the actual engagement/release is much slower.

Removing it CAN make the car more prone to breaking stuff, but unless you're just going to drive it like a total douche, you won't have a problem. I'd say 80-90% of modded Evos have it removed...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for my ignorance but I searched for a write up about how to remove the restrictor and didnt find anything. I just take off the master cylinder and the resistor should come of? After this would you have to have it bleed or what.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
No, I said the SLAVE cylinder, which is attached to the tranny. We don't have a write-up on that yet, so I will have to get one written. Do the restrictor removal during the clutch line install. After you're done, you'll for sure have to bleed the system and ensure everything is in order.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im installing upper and lower clutch lines next week and also removing the restrictor pill to help me. I shift too fast for it and end up missing sometimes so its time to make it better. That write up helps alot I did a friends lines and removed the restricting pill. It was a snap no worries. just have a buddy to help you bleed and repreasurize the clutch system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts