Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the new SCC and look what i found....

CTCmotorsports.com

Its a dogbox gear set....which allows for clutchless shifting, and the best part, ctcmotorsports acctually gaurentees the gearset, i never thought i would see the day!

for those who dont know much about dogbox's, there basically syncros but they do things alot faster and are acctually alot stronger, only problem is there expensive as all hell... anyway just thought id share

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
MRevo said:
I was looking through the new SCC and look what i found....

CTCmotorsports.com

Its a dogbox gear set....which allows for clutchless shifting, and the best part, ctcmotorsports acctually gaurentees the gearset, i never thought i would see the day!

for those who dont know much about dogbox's, there basically syncros but they do things alot faster and are acctually alot stronger, only problem is there expensive as all hell... anyway just thought id share

-Jeff
Dog box transmissions have no xyncros at all. The "dog" (little tab looking thing" engages in a slot when you shift If made correctly they are very strong.

Keith

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats cool...but honestly, I don't mind pressing a clutch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i dont mind pressing the clutch either, but they say it can acctually take .2 off your 1/4 mile time, but starting at 6500 i dont think thats very much considering the price.

-Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the main thing he was pointing out is its got a warrenty not to break. Meaning 7k launch and if the trany goes boom new tranny under the warrenty

·
Registered
239 Posts
aszrael1266 said:
I think the main thing he was pointing out is its got a warrenty not to break. Meaning 7k launch and if the trany goes boom new tranny under the warrenty
well, what if the rear diff goes?...that would suck...or any diffs for that matter...they'd all have to be made by that company...and the axles too...

·
Registered
24 Posts
12secEVO said:
well, what if the rear diff goes?...that would suck...or any diffs for that matter...they'd all have to be made by that company...and the axles too...
i guess its just one less thing to worry about. Now if we could find some place that makes diffs that they will warrenty for life evo people and dsmers would be set. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it's a quality unit, those things can shift in 1/10 of a second. Lets see you do that ;).

Keeps the turbo spooled between shifts and get a neraly constant rate of acceleration. I'd love one if I could afford it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts