Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've driven on the Megan's, K-Sport's and now JIC FLT-A2's. The megan's are good for street use, the k-sports are under damped in the front and the JIC's are good for autoX but are a little on the stiff side for DD duties.

Ohlins are obviously a good choice or zzyzx's koni adapter coilovers are another.

If I had an unlimited budget, Moton's or DMS 50's would be my first choice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I run Apexi N1 EXV. 8kg front 6kg rear.
I softened the rear up because the way I drive I get lots of oversteer, on entry and exit...not that I'm complaining. But to mitigate that I wanted a softer rear. I also wanted a suspension with adjustable dampening and spring preload that way I can dial sum oversteer back in if I wanted. I haven't really raced the car since I got it put in, but it feels great on the street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only driven on 9 MR Bilsteins, Zeals Function XS, and soon Megan Track Coilovers. So obviously right now I'm partial to the handling capability of the Zeals. From what I've heard the Megans may even be able to out-peform even those!

But for the 2k price range, I'd say Zeals are badass and the Cusco's from what I understand (which I almost got instead of the Zeals) are comparable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am thinking of Cusco, but for now am going to order the megan street coilover and see if they do the job.. if not, then i ll sell them and get cusco

or talk to robispec and see what thy recommend

·
Registered
213 Posts
I own the tien flexes and have ridden in evos with the jic flta2, cusco zero2r, and meagans. Out of all of them, I say I like the cusco's the best of all of them.

edit: I just realized how old this thread was.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.