Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, and did not come up with anything. So I though I would tell all my experiences with my Cusco 6 point roll cage.
I have a 05 MR, with the Cusco 6 point roll cage. It is designed for the Evo 7 right hand drive, but fits the 8. Over all it fits great, with a few exceptions.

1 Main hoop is a little to tall. I had to take all of the sound deadner out for a little more clearance. I wish they would have made it about a half inch shorter.
2 You can see in the picture, that it fits very nice to the dash. Rubs on the right side a little bit.
3 You will loose your jockey box.
4 You will loose your sun visors. So I tinted the upper part of my windshield.
5 You can still use the back seat. Just have to cut out the metal reinforcement in the two upper corners of the back seat.
6 It rigids up the body a lot. :D

Things I will be adding to my cage though.

1 I will be adding two door bars.
2 Cross bar behind the front seats. (also known as harness bar)
3 Cross bar on the rear upper section. (for safety of people riding in the back seat)
4 Bolt in cross bar over the package tray. (also know as a harness bar)

Please remember, that roll cages in steet cars are not safe. Unless you wear a helmet, or pad the cage as much as possible. Here is all the pictures I could find of my roll cage. It isn't padded in the pictures. But is is now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure yet. I have asked alot of people, and on other forums without an answer. I like how it fits so the backseat is usable. But, I can see where it would be questionable. That is the reason I am adding some more bars to it. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cusco cage is not legal for any racing in the states. Any racing that requires a roll cage will not approve the cusco cage. HPDE events are fine as they dont require a cage. The only bolt in cage that i know of that if approved by nasa and scca is the autopower 6 point cage which is cheaper than the cusco. I am purchasing the 4 point autopower for time attack at HPDE events. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I think what makes that cage not legal for racing is all the bends. From what I've read in the rules you need to use a minimal amount of bends for strength. Unfortunately, the cages that are legal tend to not leave as much room for the interior as the one above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts