Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I'm at crossroads and I don't know which way to go. I love, love, love Evo's, and I love my DSM ('91 Eclipse GSX on jack stands right now). My plan was to get my DSM moving again, and start modding, but I know something will break again. Im consdering selling it, selling my other car, and putting 5000-6000 down on a new Evo SE, and sucking up the monthly payment. I have a good full-time job right now, and can afford the payments and the insurance. But, I still don't know what to do. I just want your thoughts on this, since I have a hard time making decisions. The funniest part is that whenever I think about it, an Evo always drives by. Do you think its a sign?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Only you can make this decision. The Evo is a bad, bad machine, and the IX SE is by far the best to date (naturally, since it's an Evolution). You can do basic mods on the IX to make it run 12-flat or high 11s like nobody's business, but just like any car that is modded or raced, it will have a HIGHER tendency towards breaking. You will never escape that when modding...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, but I think the DSM has a way worse "breakage rate." I mean, I've been under the thing more than I've driven it. I've probably put more miles on it spinning the driveshaft than driving. I think the Evo is the way to go. I'll be paying it off for awhile, but I know its a car I'll keep for longer than the term of the loan. Hey, I answered my own question. Fancy that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went to the dealer. Talked a bit. Sat in a new SE :)D ). I'll be getting one in February (Gotta be 18). At least I have more time to save a down payment, and build some more credit. I can't wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I feel you on being under your dsm more than you are in it. But please take it from a guy that knows. Every time you see a 1g you will miss yours so bad. My evo is a better machine in every way, but my 1g was more just plain fun. Do what you can to keep your project car with you. I definitely suggest the evo as a sound purchase but if you can make it work, keeping the 1g is a good idea. Besides you dont have to spend money on the 1g unless you want to since its not your daily transport, it can just sit till you feel like fixing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts