Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put up the Test'n'Tune at Bandimere on the schedule. I plan to be there at 8am so that I can get through the gates, get tech'd, get prepped, and then get in the staging lanes as soon as possible. This will be my first drag runs at altitude, and at a lot is at stake. Will I run 13.0, 12.5, or 12.0? Is 11.99 even a remote possibility? From the loss of power on the dyno, 11.99 seems improbable, but even a 12.0-12.1 would be nice to see.

After the event, I will then get the car ready for the first SCCA points event on Sunday. I have to toss in distilled water in the alky tank, then put in race gas and add some fuel on the SAFC to be legal (and safe) for the SCCA auto-x. I should probably talk to Chris about crashing at his place Saturday night. (hint hint!) :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Feel free man. I'm trying to get the car ready for the test n' tune day. We'll see. I likely won't participate in the AutoX since I still haven't got the tire situation worked out yet. All-seaons with my setup doesn't = fun at the autox events. :)

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ludachris said:
Feel free man. I'm trying to get the car ready for the test n' tune day. We'll see. I likely won't participate in the AutoX since I still haven't got the tire situation worked out yet. All-seaons with my setup doesn't = fun at the autox events. :)
By "get the car ready for the test 'n' tune day," are you referring to Saturday? Let me know, so I can drop by on the way up...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Yeah. I'm getting a little cut-out in the higher RPM's. I'm going to change out plugs to see if that does the trick.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have some extra sets of BR8ES gapped to .024-.025 if you need some at the track. I'm putting in a new set tomorrow after I pick up my car (new clutch!!!), then I'm going to do a full pressure test, check all the fluids, then prepare for rocking out this weekend. Oh, I still need to put in those new ARP wheel studs and get some new lugnuts, but that's pretty simple stuff.

I'll talk to you offline about when to meet up at your house early Sat morning and see about staying over Sat night before the autocross. It would be great to drop off all my extra autox stuff in your garage on Sat morning instead of taking it to Bandi. Let me know via email (my phone is broken, so no cell for now).

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what is all required to run at Bandimere? I have a near stock RX7 TII that I would like to run as a baseline for all the parts that I'll be putting on in the near future. Are there any restrictions that I should be aware of before I head down there? What about cost?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can click on the link on the calendar to see the details, including price, but I'm not sure of the restrictions. You will need to pass the tech inspection, which just ensures you have a normal working car with no stuff flying around. You usually need a helmet, but I'm guessing you won't be running 13s, so it probably won't be necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not expecting 13's especially since an experienced driver I know ran 13.8 in a 4XXhp GTO with DR's. Altitude kills speed, but we'll see what I can do. It will be my first time to any track. Before I've really only been a spectator at autox events. I've practiced launching the car on empty backroads in Fountain, but we all know the track is much different.

Do you think that the dry rot(slight cracks on the edges) on my front tires will create a problem with the inspection? If so I'll go pick up another cheap pair, but I'm trying to pinch pennies.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spartikus said:
I'm not expecting 13's especially since an experienced driver I know ran 13.8 in a 4XXhp GTO with DR's. Altitude kills speed, but we'll see what I can do. It will be my first time to any track. Before I've really only been a spectator at autox events. I've practiced launching the car on empty backroads in Fountain, but we all know the track is much different.

Do you think that the dry rot(slight cracks on the edges) on my front tires will create a problem with the inspection? If so I'll go pick up another cheap pair, but I'm trying to pinch pennies.
Yes, I would not even try to get on the track and launch with dry-rotted tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's great! I thought your times would be a lot worse, but maybe that's because I haven't heard/seen too many track times out here. I'm sorry that I couldn't make it, but it's because I picked a great week to sell my Celica and '89 RX7. lol.

I'd track the Evo, but I'm scared of Mitsubishi. :(

On the bright side, I am looking to have a '93 RX7 very soon. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts