Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so its been really cold lately i live in MA by the way and for the past like 2 or 3 weeks ive been running only like 10-12 psi and vac pressure went from like 20 up to 25-29 i have boost gauge installed and its been working properly and i just installed my mbc and bov today

can someone please tell me if theyre having the same issues or whats going on? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
dr0wningless0n5 said:
ok so its been really cold lately i live in MA by the way and for the past like 2 or 3 weeks ive been running only like 10-12 psi and vac pressure went from like 20 up to 25-29 i have boost gauge installed and its been working properly and i just installed my mbc and bov today

can someone please tell me if theyre having the same issues or whats going on? :confused:
No one else will have this issue unless they have the same problem. This isn't a weather issue. What you are seeing is wastegate pressure, which is 11psi. This means you hooked something up wrong or messed up a connection when doing your boost gauge. If the boost dropped to 11psi randomly at no point in time near an installation, then I would guess something came loose or the boost control solenoid stopped working.

Ok, so you installed the MBC/BOV today. I assume it all works now, or did nothing change? If nothing changed, then something is installed wrong. Let me know exactly how you connected the vaccuum lines for the MBC, and what BOV did you install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warrtalon said:
No one else will have this issue unless they have the same problem. This isn't a weather issue. What you are seeing is wastegate pressure, which is 11psi. This means you hooked something up wrong or messed up a connection when doing your boost gauge. If the boost dropped to 11psi randomly at no point in time near an installation, then I would guess something came loose or the boost control solenoid stopped working.

Ok, so you installed the MBC/BOV today. I assume it all works now, or did nothing change? If nothing changed, then something is installed wrong. Let me know exactly how you connected the vaccuum lines for the MBC, and what BOV did you install?

well yea that stuff all works correctly and ive had the boost gauge hooked up for a few months it was running 19 psi and all working correctly then when it started getting colder pretty much the colder it got the less boost it said i was running even though it was saying it it really didnt seem like i was losing any boost

i installed the hallman evolution mbc that was installed all properly and the aps twin vent bov those are working fine

i checked all vaccuum lines nothings loose or disconnected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea there is the problem im still only boosting like 10 lbs when i was at like 19 for the longest time and its been like that for a few weeks now and i dont know why i dont know if it is the really cold weather i was hoping maybe someone would know
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
718 Posts
Here is one of the few cases where I would say to remove the mods and take it to the dealership. Since the problem started before you put in the MBC and BOV they are not the cause.... so take them off and go get it fixed.

Never try to fix a problem like this by throwing new parts on the car, find the cause of the problem FIRST... then do mods :)

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,496 Posts
dr0wningless0n5 said:
yea there is the problem im still only boosting like 10 lbs when i was at like 19 for the longest time and its been like that for a few weeks now and i dont know why i dont know if it is the really cold weather i was hoping maybe someone would know
When I asked about the MBC/BOV, you said those just got installed and that they were working fine, but you are now saying they are NOT working fine, because you are still only seeing 11psi? If the MBC was working, you'd be able to adjust the boost. 11psi is the minimum you can run due to the wastegate's strength. The MBC should allow you to raise the boost up to 20-21psi. Does it not change anything when you crank up the boost?

If it doesn't work, then it's not connected properly, or you mistakenly re-used the stock hosing with a restrictor pill still in it or something like that. There are a bunch of intricate things involved with the boost lines, which is why I need to SEE or HEAR exactly what you did...not just that you checked the connections and they're fine. I need to know exactly how the MBC is connected, where the vaccuum lines are going from each MBC port, which nipples you used, which hoses you used, how the BOV is connected, whether or not you capped off the intake and BCS, whether or not the BCS is still connected electrically, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Ok i was running 19psi and tapering to 17psi. I just installed a Turbosmart MBC and Dejontool Intake pipei started with my MBC all the way turned down. I took the car out and was only hitting 11psi. So i slowly turned the boost controller up and now it's running a full 19.5psi to redline. Try adjusting the MBC and good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so i was fiddling around and i got it to hit 21 psi if i turn down the boost all the way it goes to like 7 psi but yes everything is working correctly and the problem seems to be solved

thanks for the help
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top