Revolutions Tuning
417 E. Vermijo Ave
Unit H.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Phone: 719-635-6200

Dynoflash Features:
- AFR optimization
- Timing optimization
- Launch Control (rpm of your choice - 6000rpm default)
- Raised Rev Limiter (rpm of your choice - 7800rpm default)
- Removed Fuel Cut
- Removed Top Speed Limiter
- Idle Control (for 272 or 280 cams)

03-05 VIIIs
- Base mail-in flash customized for your mods and a brief drive to ensure quality = $175 (no appointment)
- Custom road tune for new customer = $375 (2hr appointment)
- Custom road tune for existing customer = $300 (2hr appointment)

06 IXs
- Base mail-in flash customized for your mods and a brief drive to ensure quality = $200 (no longer requires an appointment)
- Custom road tune = $400 (2hr appointment)
- Custom road tune for existing customer = $300 (2hr appointment)

To reserve a timeslot, you MUST first send a $100 deposit to [email protected] with a note saying it's for the CO trip, then tell me your first name and the timeslot you want. Once payment is received, your slot is reserved. This goes for all custom road tunes only. Base flashes do not need a timeslot nor deposit.

Schedule
Saturday, July 8th

1000-1200 - DynoDude (Lucas) IX - Deposit Sent
1200-1400 - BigD (Dave) IX - Deposit Sent (new customer)
1400-1600 -
1600-1800 - Hashfather (Justin) VIII - Deposit Sent
1800-2000 - drewblueeye (Andrew B) VIII - Deposit Sent
2000-2200 -

Sunday, July 9th
1000-1200 - otbEvo (Brandon) VIII- Deposit Sent
1200-1400 - EvoSpeedking (Shawn) VIII - Paid in Full
1400-1600 - adx (Rich) VIII - Paid in Full
1600-2000 - Me!
2000-2200 - Tobz (Brian) VIII - Deposit Sent (repeat customer)

Base flashes only take 10mins and can be done without an appointment, so just show up whenever you have time. By the way, there will be no 2-step additions to existing flashes, but all new flashes (or reflashes) include the launch control. It is complicated and there won't be time for it amidst all the other scheduled tuning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Al this is Andrew B. the 6pm slot on July 8th... just wanted you to know I have a 2005 Evolution 8, i just seen question marks and wanted to make sure i told you because i know we had bad reception. Anyway, i hope you can find the WHP I am missing... and i have never done this before so i have no idea what to expect... i am from a small city where i am the only Evo, so i dont expect me to know what to do or say, HA HA HA.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yo! if anyone is located in the Springs and willing to let me crash on their floor sat night, i'll buy the beer!

Clay, Revolutions will be open on sunday, right? or even late saturday? i'd like to get a compression test and boost leak test BEFORE i get on the road with Al again!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
evo_speedking said:
yo! if anyone is located in the Springs and willing to let me crash on their floor sat night, i'll buy the beer!

Clay, Revolutions will be open on sunday, right? or even late saturday? i'd like to get a compression test and boost leak test BEFORE i get on the road with Al again!
Shawn, you can stay at my house. I have a finished basement with a nice bedroom and full bath. I also have the tools to do the compression test and boost leak test right in my garage, so you're golden. RT will be open both Sat/Sun, but we can do that stuff ourselves. I can show you how and show you how to make the tools.

Hash, no, IC pipes don't affect the tune much, if at all. I don't recommend the UICP, but I do recommend getting an LICP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Warrtalon
Hey I am driving from Sioux City, IA. I will be arriving in Colorado springs around noon on saturday. I do have a question for you though.
I have a Stage 5 kit from buschur Racing, here are my mods....

Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" DOWNPIPE
Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Buschur Racing EVO VIII 3" CATBACK
Buschur Racing MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER
Buschur Racing EVO VIII MAF PIPE KIT
Buschur Racing EVO VIII UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPE
Buschur Racing FORGE BOV USING YELLOW SPRING
Buschur Racing RACE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
Buschur Racing LOWER INTERCOOLER PIPE
Buschur Racing SHORT THROW SHIFTER
Buschur Racing HKS 272 INTAKE CAMSHAFT
Buschur Racing HKS 272 EXHAUST CAMSHAFT
Buschur Racing APR STUD KIT
Buschur Racing WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP

I have a problem that i have been trying to get fixed for about 6 months now.
The factory Lower intercooler pipe on my Evo 8 has a nipple on it that runs to the MBC, but see the aftermarket Buschur Racing lower intercooler pipe does NOT have that nipple, and Buschur Racing told me to run that hose and put a 'T' in the hose that runs from the BOV to the intake manifold.... BUT this is my problem. IF i do put that 'T' in that hose then i have a flutter. If i slowly build boost then once i hit between 10 to 15psi the BOV flutter and i lose all boost in about 2 seconds But if i WOT it will hold boost fine... Is there a way that i could get rid of this flutter??? if you are a little confused i was wondering if maybe when i get to Colorado Springs around noon on Saturday if maybe you could look at my car??? My appointment isnt til 6PM on Saturday night.
Also i have had 2 mail in flashes, but Buschur Racing is telling me that i should have 330+ Wheel Horse Power but when i had it run on a AWD Dyno jet I have about 268 Wheel Horse Power... that is the reason i am driving 10 hours to get a full tune because i am missing 60+ Wheel horse power.... Do you think Al will be able to fix this problem. If you ahve any questions or want to see pictures of my MBC set up or want to see my Dyno Slips then i could Email them to you. I have a HUGE drop in Horse power between 6200 and 7000RPM.
Thanks and just let me know

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post the dyno slips, if you can, but part of your problem is that particular BOV. The Forge BOV is NOT good for the Evo, which is why Forge made a new one called the Forge RS. That BOV is known to flutter like crazy, and Forge themselves recommend not using it. I would suggest that you replace that one with a JDM MR DV or Forge RS DV, and that will likely require welding a new flange onto the UICP.

Yes, you definitely should have 330whp, if not more, with those mods. My only concern with you getting tuned in CO is that our altitude is above 6000', and I am guessing that Sioux City is less than half that altitude. It makes quite a difference in the tune...

·
Registered
25 Posts
here are my Dyno slips and yeah sioux city's altitude is around 1100... is that going to be a problem?

I will order a new BOV tonight so i can get it on before i come to Colorado springs, is there one of those BOV that i wont have to weld a flange or anything, just a direct replacement?

Also is there anything else i should do? I have dont a pressure check of my intercooler system and it has no leaks up to 25psi ( that is where i stopped pressurizing it) the only air that escapes for the system is out the bleeder valve in the MBC, but if i plug that with my finger there is no leaks.

I am so excited to get a tune, i just hope the altitude wont be that big of a problem. If you have any questoins you can either post them on here or you can Email me at [email protected]. I check my mail all the time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, wow, you definitely have a big problem. I saw the same type of power drop on my car when I first added alky and cranked the boost to 26psi. My spark was blowing out, and I would drop 50whp immediately and run like crap to 7k rpm. I just had to go with one step colder plugs.

That could also indicate a major timing pull, but it would have to be some mega-detonation, which shouldn't be happening with a Dynoflash tune unless there is something broken somewhere.

I don't know what other BOVs will directly fit that flange - wish I did. Yes, altitude will make a difference. You really need to be tuned at 1000', not 6000'.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well i have the NGK plugs that Buschur Racong sent me for the stage 5 kit, they said they are the ones that need to be in the car....
As far as altitude the only problem, is i NEED a full tune and unfortunately I need it done soon, expecially if the ECU is screwed up or something isnt tuned right with the flash. I dont want to hurt my engine and Dyno Flash is never really close to Sioux City... I dont suppose Al at Dyno Flash can make it so the ECU runs great here but still tune it in Calorado Springs???
I dont knwo what else to do, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it doesn't matter what plugs you were sent. They could be gapped improperly or be fouled out. It costs less than $10 and 10 minutes to get a fresh set and slap them in to see if it changes anything. Go get a set of NGK BPR8ES gapped to .026 at Advanced Auto and see if anything changes.

No, Al can't custom tune you here and make it custom tuned for somewhere else. That would basically be done through a mail-in flash, but you can get that now right where you are. You can try to come up and get tuned if that's your only option, but it would be best if you got tuned at low altitude.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well this is my problem when my 2005 evo 8 was stock, i took it to the 1/4 track at scribner,ne and ran a 14.0.... then i added a AEM CAI, BR MBC, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, and a Forge BOV, then got a mail in flash from Dyno flash... i then took it to the track ran it 4 times and got a 14.1, 14.3, 14.1, and a 14.0..... so i thought "OK LETS GET IT ON!!!!" so then i got a BR CAI, BR full exhaust, BR intercooler pipes, BR race FMIC, HKS 272 EX/IN cams, APR head studs, BR short throw shifter then got a mail in flash AGAIN from Dyno flash.... took it back to the track and with a prefect launch, awesome shifting and (i dont think it is possible to get better than this in my car) I ran a 13.2.... i spent $6,000 to drop .8 of a second ... that just seems wrong....

Want to see my 1/4 mile run???? click the link
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f5894d17-b786-4d78-950c-4f0a814bd163.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well colorado springs isnt my only option i see that he is going ot Chicago on the 29/30 of july and the altitude there is 1600.. the only thing is i hate waiting that long, because this is my daily driver and i need to make sure i am not hurting the car the way it is now. i do have a few questions.

If i get my car tuned at colorado springs (6000 feet) and then bring it back to sioux city (1100 feet) will it hurt my my engine?

How bad will it hurt my performance?? in the 1/4 mile will it be like 1/2 second less than it should be? more? just an estimate or a guess

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
drewblueeye said:
Well colorado springs isnt my only option i see that he is going ot Chicago on the 29/30 of july and the altitude there is 1600.. the only thing is i hate waiting that long, because this is my daily driver and i need to make sure i am not hurting the car the way it is now. i do have a few questions.

If i get my car tuned at colorado springs (6000 feet) and then bring it back to sioux city (1100 feet) will it hurt my my engine?

How bad will it hurt my performance?? in the 1/4 mile will it be like 1/2 second less than it should be? more? just an estimate or a guess
There's no way to answer the questions. The point is that the Evo performs drastically different at 6000' and 1000'. If you get custom tuned here, it will N OT be perfectly tuned for 1000'. I don't know if it would make you dangerously lean or dangerously rich - we just don't have enough empirical data on that. What I do know is that up here your stock turbo will taper to 16psi no matter what, but down in Iowa, it probably only tapers to 19-20psi. That makes a big difference in how much fuel and timing is used from 6000-7500rpm.

You've gone this long - I'm sure you can make it a few more weeks and do the Chicago trip. That would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i think you are right, i will call Al and see if i can move my July 8th appointment to a chicago appointment on Saturday late evening like 6pm or so. I am glad you pointed this out thank you so much for the info and letting me know about the altitude thing... i hope i can move my appointment without it affecting the deposit i sent

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok i just called Al and i worked everything out with him, i will be coming to Colorado springs, on the 8th of july at 6pm. i will be getting to the place i need to be an hour or two early just cuz i like want to look around.....

See you guys there :thumb:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts